Friday, July 20, 2012

Tragedy...almost

Whew!  Have you ever had one of those days where you have a project and it should be relatively simple but it doesn't turn out to be?  That's the Herd of Turtles wall hanging that I am doing for a good friends betrothed.  Isn't that a great word?  Betrothed.  Anyway, I picked out the pattern ({Pacific Rim) because she loves turtles.  I bought the fabric and but didn't realize how hard the one fabric was to mark.  Got rid of that fabric and picked out the brown.  Turtles are brown so it should work.  I still had problems with marking it so am doing it the long way around.

What's that you ask?  i drew the pattern on freezer paper and am slowly cutting and stitching it as I go.  Pacific Rim has a whole line of lovely patterns that are for two fabrics.  This is one.  You basically cut away what is not needed and stitch.  Then you finish your quilt in the normal way.  This is working out but there was one more "almost" tragedy to it.  I had it on my table when Jessica came over to clean.  She accidentally bumped into it and spilled my soda that was also on the table.  Just a couple of minutes before then I had moved the Herd of Turtles to the bed to work on something else.  The soda (a full glass0 tipped over and ruined between 2-3 yards of Heat n Bond Lite and my pattern that I was half way making templates on.  Back to the drawing board with those.  At least the Turtles are safe and I don't have to start over - again.

:)



I also received a package in the mail from one of my online quilting friends.  She sent me two pieces of pink (and I *mean* pink) fabric.  Not sure yet what I will do with those.


The fabric is a little deeper pink (on the right) than is shown but it still is a pretty pattern to it.  She also sent me a counted Cross Stitch kit.  Isn't it cute?



Well that's about it this time.  I will be updating the medieval quilt blog also in the next day or two.  Check it out if you have time.  I am in the middle of doing a mock top to see if it is the right size or not.  :)

Happy Stitching everybody.

No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...