Friday, January 30, 2015

It's FRIDAY!

Did you ever think it wouldn't get here?  I know I did.  Yet today hasn't been too bad.  I know what I will be working on this weekend which always helps to keep me on track and I got paid so while I don't have a lot of extra money I have enough to go to JoAnne's or some place for therapy.

I fused the Ravens and heart to the white background last night and started to stitch them down.  What was I thinking?  Stitching at night black embroidery floss on black ravens?  Whew!  I didn't finish even one but I started to mess it up a bit and knew it was time to stop.


As you can see, I had to dig out my clip on magnifiers to put OVER my regular glasses (cheaters) that I wear.  It always makes me feel old.  LOL.  At least I didn't bring out the over the neck magnifier.  I've had to pull that out before.  Talk about looking weird when I have to use all three!  See that cork stopped vial?  That's my needle case that I got from It Is What It Is.  It's made out of a horn.  I have my three needles in it that I'm using for this so when I cut my embroidery floss I can separate the floss and thread three needles at a time.  It goes a little faster that way.

I'm having trouble matching up that Kona red though.  Tonight after work I'm taking a swatch with me and see if I can get a better match than the one I already have. Wish me luck.

Everybody have a great weekend!


No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...