Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year - January 1, 2015




Happy New Year Everybody!




Do you have your projects all set up for 2015?  Here are some Free Blocks of the Month (BOM) that I have found being offered in 2015.

Sycamore Hill Quilts -     https://cburdy.wordpress.com/


Jenny of ELEFANTZ has a new one.  If you love redwork you might want to check this out.

http://www.elefantz.com/



I have some more somewhere but these are two that I will be working on.    I did manage to work on my January 2014 HEXIE blocks.  Yeah, you read right.  2014!.  It is now sewn onto the background and sometime this month I will quilt it and hang it in the office.  The hexie pattern is about 24" across.


Now that I'm actually putting the hexies onto the background, I need a place to store the templates.  Since they have a hole in them, I am stringing them up.


Some of you might remember that I am trying to be positive so todays tidbits or chuckles come from a  book that I got from mom.  It is called A Gift of my favorite things by Perry Tanksley.

"Instead of so much talking about losing weight, I've decided to just keep my mouth shut."

Another tidbit in that book is:  "If fate throws a knife at you, remember, there are two ways of catching it--by the blade or by the handle."  I don't know about you, but I'll take the handle any day.  :)

Everybody have a good night and count your blessings.  I don't know if  they are big or small but I do know that everybody has some blessing that they can count.  I am blessed with having so many friends.

Thanks Friend.  I'll talk to you tomorrow.

No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...