Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Happy Administrative Professional Day

Yep, it's that time of year again.  About the only time I get flowers but you know what?  I'm not complaining.  I love where I work and I'm always remembered on Administrative Professional Day.  Not everybody can say that.  So this year, "the Recruitment Office" sent me these flowers.


That is a "leaf" that is wrapped around the flowers in the vase (the green stripe).  Never seen that done before so it will be interesting to see how it holds up.  The pink square vase is nice as a change from the normal vases you see.  Overall - I love it.  :)

Now on to some talk about quilting.  Yeah, I haven't done much but I did find a new magazine which I think I might love.  Of course I can't remember the name of it and I don't have the picture of the front of the magazine with me today.  Does that stop me from posting the other pictures?  Of  course not.  You'll just have to wait for the title until my next post.  The magazine (it's the premier issue) concentrates on precuts.  I love how the table of contents is laid out.  If you are looking for fat quarter patterns they are all listed in one place.  You want squares?  THEY are all listed under one heading.  I think that is a very useful way of doing.





I also like the diagrams.  They are large and easy to see so you're not scrunching up your eyes (Yeah, showing my age there) to get the idea.




So all in all I like the first issue.  I'll have to see what else they will come out with.

Now, sit down for the next part of this.  I found the story book that my grandma made my brother Philip (Tony).  So to preserve it, I'm taking pictures of the pages and will be posting them under the family ancestry page of my blog.  For those who wonder what to do for their grandkids, this is one idea.  As you can see it survived for a number of years.


No comments:

Total eclipse

 Shalom stopped by and showed me a couple of the pix that he took of the eclipse.  I thought I'd share with you. The first two pictures ...