Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Catching Up

I am finally catching up from a bout of laziness and just overall Blah's.  It's terrible when you get those.  You just don't want to do anything.  I did pull myself out of that pit and managed to finish up a cross stitch project.  It's not been blocked yet nor framed but it is done...I think.


The original pattern called for a lot of little stuff all around the word Wonderful.  It was too cluttered for me so I got rid of most of it.  What did surprise me was that there wasn't a border around it.  It will look ok though when it gets matted and framed.  There will be a border around the words then.

That finish inspired me to do another 100 stitches on my Dragon.  It's coming along slowly but at least I did my 100 stitches.  That's my goal.  Each time that I sit down to work on it, I have to do 100 stitches which is one square.


I know it doesn't look like much now but it is coming along.

I have been working on my Adinkra block #3 but I won't show that to you just yet.  I'll show that when it is finished.  I need to think on what I will be using my fabric for that I got at the Quilt Festival.


Patriotic fabric is always good to have.  The fabric on the right was in a discontinued bin so I just picked up a fat quarter for around $2 which is good since it was at a show/festival.  I REALLY love the fabric on the left.  It has different modes of transportation on it and I haven't seen anything like it around home so it was nice to see.  I'll figure out something sooner or later.

This weekend I also managed to get a some fabric.  This time it was from the Goodwill Store.  Normally my Goodwill doesn't carry much craft stuff but this I spotted hanging up in with the sheets.  It's hemmed so I am guessing it must have been made for a child's bed.


I think I will go to FatCat Patterns 


and download their free Dinorawr patterns to make a wall hanging.  I've made the some of the dino blocks before and they turn out cute.  This fabric just called to me and for under $4 I couldn't say no.

Break time is over so it's back to work for me.  I hope everybody has a great day.



No comments:

Whew! Time for a break!

I have been busy these last few days.  I even got out my sewing machine and did some 9 patch blocks so I could continue on with Fleur.  Do y...