Monday, January 9, 2017

Finished Project and On to the Next

I finally got the binding on the cross wall hanging and it is in the mail.  This is going to my friend Janine (maiden name Cross) who used to collect crosses since it was her maiden name.  It is part of the pay it forward that I did in 2016.  Yes, I know, it is now 2017 but better late than never, right?
I have 4 more pay it forwards to do but one of them is 90% done so that is good.  I still am not sure what I will do for the last three.  I am sure it will come to me...eventually.

http://media.fotki.com/1_p,rttdkkdfrqsbwrkxdtqtffdbwbqf,vi/bsbqfkqtdxbsfgbftkkxbrqsqrkst/0/951710/14216512/Resized_20170109_071533-vi.jpg

I made the Half Square Triangles using Rhonda Woodsmall's method.  Basically you sew two strips together and then take your template and cut what size you need.  It works great for scraps and very versatile.  She has a lot of different "cut down" methods to use with various blocks.

http://media.fotki.com/1_p,rttdkkdfstfwstbxdtqtffdbwbqf,vi/brstgdrkkxbrwrrbfqwxbrwbqgtbb/0/951710/14216512/Resized_20161229_122059-vi.jpg

Sorry for using the links vs putting up the actual pictures.  I am having computer problems today so this is the only way for me to do it.

Now that I have the cross wall hanging done, I will be working on a UFO from the past.  This is from the hexie BOM back in 2011 (?) and is the February one.

http://media.fotki.com/1_p,rttdkkdfwkbrrdbxdtqtffdbwbqf,vi/brwrrbfqwxbrstgdrkkxbrqggwgws/0/951710/14216512/Resized_20170109_071801-vi.jpg

I have also decided to clean up following a simple method.  I will pick one thing each night and decide if it is going to be thrown out, kept, or donated (or given to somebody else).  I know it doesn't sound like much but if I can do it each day then that is 365 items that have been cleared or gone through which is a lot more than I did in 2016.  I have 9 things for the trash so far.  It doesn't sound like much but it will add up over time.

Another decision I've made is to limit my BOMs this year.  Blocks of Month are so much fun to collect but to get time to do them.  My other New Years Resolution is before I can work on a current project or BOM, I have to do at least one block from a past one.  My goal is to get at least one if not two blocks done each week.  It will be hard but even if I don't get two blocks done it will be nagging me to finish up one and that means more projects will get finished.

Time for me to get back to work so I must end the post here.  I hope everybody has a great day.


No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...