Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Finished stitching...

I finished the stitching on the Paint Chip challenge.  I haven't taken an updated picture of it yet but hope to get the border on tonight and marked for quilting.

That stitching finish, allowed me to try and catch up a little bit with my Solstice block.  A new one comes out tomorrow so I wanted to get last weeks block done.  I decided instead of doing a 9 patch for the center, I would use my bee fabric for the whole background and flowers for the corner petals.


I decided to use black embroidery floss on the petals.  You'll see where  I have started stitching around the upper left petal.  I think it will set off the petals nicely.  I do, however, laugh every time I look at the block.  The bees almost remind me of sheep with such large white wings on them.  This is a good time to use the material for this is all I had of it.  I had picked it up as a remnant for $!.  Wasn't sure why I picked it up but it said buy me and I was weak that day.  LOL.  I guess it knew I could use it for this block.

Time for me to get to work so I'll stop here.  I'll keep you updated.

I hope everybody has a great day and enjoy my cute picture of the day.