Sunday, December 24, 2017

Merry Christmas - early for me

Christmas is almost here, for me, and it is snowing.  The snow is really coming down now, but this was taken through my window around 8 a.m.



I'm glad that I am staying home today.  Got my caffeine, got my cross stitch, got my PJs and slippers.  It's a good day to stay inside.


Yep, me and Rudolph are going to do some crafting and eat some stuff that isn't good for you but tasty anyway.


These were given to me from my sister in law.  The peppermint candy bark might make it's way into coffee or hot chocolate later.  I'm taking it easy today though.  I slept in a little bit (I could get used to that) so my breakfast turned into brunch. 


Some polenta topped with diced tomatoes, some wilted spinach topped with a little feta cheese, and an egg.  My goal in 2018 is to try intuitive eating.  That basically is sensible eating.  Appreciate what you eat, don't feel guilty about what you eat, but only eat when you are hungry.  Slow down eating so that you can taste your food and enjoy it.  Not to get confused with my old way of tasting my food and oh my!  did I enjoy it!!!!  But now I will try to be more aware of  it.  I did gain back some of my weight that I had lost but I am still 30 official pounds.  I say official pounds because for awhile my scale went bonkers.  Yes, it's official.  I broke my scale.  I saw a picture of myself when I graduated with my BS degree in 2010 and oh boy....did my face look fat!  I should keep that one handy so that I don't get that heavy again.  That was 50 pounds ago. 

Anyway, I finished another test pattern but I can't show you yet.  I can show you, however, the six blocks that I sent to a quilting friend in Canada.  These will be part of a group of blocks that one of my Facebook groups is doing.  A member's husband has cancer and we are sending blocks for her to put together for him to have a quilt.  These are some of my Pat Sloan's Solstice Challenge blocks that I already had done but never put together.  What better than to send them to the woman.  They are in the colors they wanted and in the right size.  I still have half of them for me to put together for a wall hanging.


I also finished one of my pot holders but ran out of Insulbrite.  Will have to get some more of that and finish up that Christmas present.  Yes, it will be for this Christmas but just not delivered on time.  LOL.  That is typical for me.  I also have my cat wall hanging to finish but I have to find it first.

I hope that everybody will have a great and safe holiday!


1 comment:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Hope you had a good Christmas. I need to practice some "awareness" eating...grin.

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...