Saturday, December 30, 2017

New Years Eve - Eve

Only a couple more days left for 2017.  I want to finish one more quilt top before 2017 leaves us or, more like before I have to return to work.    That would be the Illusion Quilt from MSQC.  I had one layout but decided it needed to be larger for my wall space at work.  I finally decided on 5 rows across and 4 rows down.  Great thinking!  Yeah, right.

As with a lot of great ideas, when put into effect they don't always work out as planned.  Now instead of having the 12 block layout,  which fit in oh so nicely with the 4 color scheme I had envisioned, I had 8 more blocks to fit in.  Not only 8 more blocks, but that also meant now I would have a repeat of each color.  I suppose that I could have introduced a new color and actually had 4 rectangles of two different colors already but somehow I didn't do that.  That would have been to easy.  So what did I do?

I printed up one of my layouts in color and cut up the blocks and then the thinking started.  It was good that I didn't start to think before the coffee.  After two cups of coffee, my little stack of paper blocks


turned into


I think that is my final layout for the wall hanging.  What do you think?  It would be very easy to keep elaborating on this and making it far larger than I have space for.  I could see using the theory of a bargello quilt but doing these instead.  Have half of the quilt layout mirror the other half, etc.  Oh dear, there I go again thinking.  I get into more trouble that way.

Have you seen the preview of the 2018 BOM from Fat Cat Patterns?  I will be doing this.  I love their patterns and it will be free if I catch it in the month it is offered.  Even if I have to buy the month pattern or the whole pattern , their prices are very reasonable.

Watch their website for updates and the pattern    http://www.fatcatpatterns.com/

I believe my friend Connie is going to be joining me on this journey to do this one.  I think she put it best.  It is a "clean" pattern.  It's not cluttered and therefore it will be fun to do.  Anybody else thinking of doing it?

That's it for now.  I finished another block for The Quilt Pattern Magazine which you'll eventually see.  Can't show it now but it is cute!   For now it's time to say good bye and get back to the weekend stuff and, of course, crafting.





Until next time....Pull up a chair and relax.  Have a cup of something with me.  :)




No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...