Thursday, December 28, 2017

The year is winding down

Can you believe that 2017 is almost done with?  I can't.  I should though  since the cold weather is here and, of course, my car isn't working.  I swear that the car knows when I am getting short paychecks from work and/or the holiday season zaps my money.  So what is a girl to do?  When the girl is a crafter, she decides to stay home (even though she couldn't go anywhere if she wanted to) and craft.  Notice I said craft and NOT clean. 

I have been pretty productive.  I finished up the cat wall hanging for my friend Janine.


I can't get to the post office to mail it but I did send her a picture of it and she said she loved it.

That wasn't the only thing that I finished.  I did finish up the test pattern for The Quilt Pattern Magazine but can't show it to you yet.  I also signed up for testing another pattern.  What can I say, I love that magazine and I love testing their patterns.  They stretch my quilting abilities but that's ok.  It's how we learn, right?

I did start another wall hanging yesterday.  Here is the picture of the tentative layout.  It's the Illusion quilt pattern from Missouri Star Quilt Company.  I totally LOVE their videos.  They help me grow also.


I am thinking that I will add another row or two to make it 4 across and probably five down.  We'll see.  I have enough left over that I might extend it out to 6 across and 5 down.  I'll have to see how it looks after adding another row down.  It will be the same colors that I've used here.  If I have any left over, I might do something with them to make a table runner.  This would hang up above my table in the office so a matching table runner would be nice.  It would brighten up the office.  This might be another pattern that I keep for a "go to" pattern. 

It's time to get back to sewing (or perhaps take a nap).  I hope everybody had a great holiday and will be looking forward to seeing 2018 arrive.


No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...