Friday, January 5, 2018

It's cold outside!!



My car hasn't started yet.  Part of that is due to cold and partly because I don't have the money to get it looked into.  That's ok.  I'm dealing with the situation.  What does one do when that happens?  You try to keep your mind busy and that means crafting.

I don't have a lot to show you but I have been a bit productive.  I have finished all my test patterns that I signed up for (YAY) and you'll get to see them eventually.  Then I organized my BOMs for next year.  So my goal of only keeping to 2 isn't working out so well.  That will have to be changed.  For right now, I will be happy if I get two of the BOM blocks done each month. 

Here is the picture of my redwork block for January.    It is from needleknowledge.com and all the blocks are there. 




I also, just this morning, picked out the material and traced my fusible for the 2018 Tea Party BOM.  It's a cake on top of a stand.  Sounds simple to do right?  Not so.  I wasn't happy with my first 10 choices.  Here is my final, I think, material that I will use for this block.


The stand will be a light gray (going for a silver stand idea here) and the blue will be the cake.  I am think that the pattern on the blue will give the idea that the cake is decorated.  Then the white on white dotted fabric on the top for the icing.  When I get home I will iron my fabric and put the fusible on.

I did try a Kitchen Hack the other day.  It was how to make poached eggs in your microwave.  Since it is only me, and I love poached eggs, I wanted to try it.  It turned out pretty good.  I will make them again.



To make them, you take a large cup, add 1/2 cup water, put your egg in (do not break egg open or anything), put a cover on it (they used a saucer) and cook in microwave for 1 minute.

The other kitchen hack that I read was sheet pan eggs. For those people who entertain and need to cook a lot of eggs fast, this might be it.  You spray a sheet pan with cooking spray, gently break open your eggs (they did 12 at a time), and cook in oven for approximately 5 minutes.  Then you carefully cut between the eggs with a spatula and serve.  I didn't save that hint since it is only me and if I want to cook 12 eggs at a time I'll cook them in muffin tins even though they wouldn't be sunny side up. 

Break time is over but before I stop for the day, I want to leave you with two thoughts.  The first one is a quote from Thomas Fuller.  "Health is not valued till Sickness comes." - Thomas Fuller (1654-1734).  Comp., Gnomologia:  Adages and Proverbs, 2478, 1732.   That is so true, especially up here in frigid Illinois. 

Frigid Illinois (and I know there are a lot colder states and countries right now so I am not complaining too much) brings me to my other thought.


Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Whew! Time for a break!

I have been busy these last few days.  I even got out my sewing machine and did some 9 patch blocks so I could continue on with Fleur.  Do y...