Thursday, May 2, 2019

It's May already!

Where did/does the time go.  It's May already and I barely am into April projects.

Speaking of April projects, I wasn't going to put a secondary border on the Sudoku Quilt but now I am thinking I will.  I am thinking of cutting back the white border to about 1 3/4 inches and then putting on a wide teal striped border.  What do you think?






I'll have ponder it over the weekend.  That means I won't have to take it home.  It can stay on the office bulletin board while I think more on it.  Besides I'm not sure what I want for the back (probably a white on white tonal fabric) or then to use for my binding.  Originally I was going to use the teal fabric for the binding but after holding it up I think it will make a great secondary border.  Not sure what size.  There is the Fibonacci sequence that people say are good for this sort of thing.  It is what nature uses, etc.  Basically, the Fibonacci sequence starts out 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, etc.  Each number is the sum of the 2 numbers that precede it.  So my 9 patches would be 9, the white gets cut down to 1 3/4" (to accommodate seams) and then my teal would also be 1 3/4".  that might work. Right now the white border is 2 1/4".  I'm not sure if I want the second border to be that large. 

I think Mother Nature is having fun with the weather.  We are under a flood watch which isn't anything like a lot of flood watches.  Ours is more like the Kishwaukee River will flood and go over main street (Lincoln Highway, Rt. 38) but it doesn't get high enough to wash the car away, etc.  The city will close off streets before it gets that bad.  At lunch, however, we had a break in the rain (YAY) and I walked to a restaurant to meet up with a friend for lunch.  On the way back I stopped to take another video of our geese and I was certainly glad that I did because the new goslings were out.




That's the 1 o'clock bell you hear in the background which indicates that I'm late back from lunch.  Nobody was mad so it was all fine.  I also stopped outside of the building I work in (Adams Hall) and snapped a couple of pictures.  It does seem that our April showers did indeed bring out May flowers.



Everybody try to stay dry and enjoy the day!


4 comments:

sewanne said...

I like the blue but it still needs something else to my old eyes. Perhaps a darker flange that you used in the main quilt. Perhaps
navy blue.

Anne in Colorado

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

I love the Teal.........but you know me and that's my favorite color right now! Love the video of the baby geese and love the bell tower sound in the back. What a lovely environment for you to hang out in! Hugs, Deb

Kat Scribner said...

I like the teal finish too. Nice comfy quilt.

Bonni said...

Thanks everybody. I am going to do a border with the Teal and then decide on what to do for a binding. Because I don't want to do math this weekend (or EVER!) I'll make it the same width as the white border. Then I'll take it with me to shop for binding.

Total eclipse

 Shalom stopped by and showed me a couple of the pix that he took of the eclipse.  I thought I'd share with you. The first two pictures ...