Saturday, May 4, 2019

What a beautiful day!

It is a great and beautiful day today and it is supposed to be even better tomorrow!  I can't believe that I have a day off and it is nice.  So what am I doing?  I'm staying inside.  LOL.  I am staying inside and avoiding cleaning the apartment.  I have the window open, sprayed for ants so they don't think the open window is an invitation, and contemplated what to work on.  There are two things this weekend that I'd like to work on.  It would have been 3 but I left one of them in the office.  :(

So, I need to work on my house block.  I have some ideas.  I found this fabric the other day and bought it because it reminds me of wood for a building...or perhaps a picnic bench material (but that's another post).


I was going to work on my cross stitch but I am always debating if I want to work on cross stitch or quilting.  THEN, while at Hobby Lobby, I saw a stamped cross stitch quilt block packet on sale.  It was normally almost $15 but it was on sale for under $4.  There was 6 blocks in each package so I picked up three packages and now I can do both cross stitch AND quilt.  The quilting will have to wait until I'm done stitching it.


That will be eighteen 18" blocks.  According to the directions, it be enough for a twin size bed. 

The other project which I "should" be working on is a landscape quilt/picture.  I am not sure what I will do since landscape isn't my thing but I did find this fabric and it said "use me in the landscape".  Who am I to argue with fabric when it says use me.  Doesn't this look like it should be in the skies over a nice beach or water scene?


Sorry, the picture is a little blurry.


Now imagine a beach under that and perhaps a wooden pier or something (see fabric posted earlier).  It's slowly coming together on what I want it to look like. 

Now to find some white background fabric for that house block.  I'll post it when I get something besides the white fabric.  LOL.

Everybody enjoy their day and weekend.

No comments:

Whew! Time for a break!

I have been busy these last few days.  I even got out my sewing machine and did some 9 patch blocks so I could continue on with Fleur.  Do y...