Sunday, May 5, 2019

Productive Weekend

What a productive weekend!  I can't believe that I finished a UFO from He double hockey sticks (as my mother would say).  This object was started on my old sewing machine and after breaking many needles (I stopped counting after 4), I put it away and hence another UFO was born.

But lo and behold, those UFO's will eventually get destroyed or finished.  This was half way into the garbage can when I thought to give it another try on my new machine. I'm both sad and glad that I did.


I know that people will say don't be so hard on yourself Bonni.  They are right.  In this case though it is deserved.  I might do another one with the new machine because I know it will be much better.  There is one big mistake but I wasn't going to disassemble the whole wall hanging to fix it.  The next one will be done on a better machine and I've learned more and am more confident in my quilting so it will be better.  This was a learning experience so it can be shown complete with errors.

I also put on the second border for the Sudoku Quilt. 


Now all I have to do is figure out what to use for binding and the backing.  The backing can be a tone on tone white if I don't find anything else.  Binding can be white if nothing else.  This will be going on a wall so it won't get much use or washed often.

I also worked more on my cross stitch block (1 of 18) and also on the house block that I need to finish and get sent off.  All in all, it was a productive craft day...not so much cleaning day or anything else (except laundry).

Everybody have a great day/night.

1 comment:

Angie in SoCal said...

I like both of your quilts. No mistake there - just a unique quilt. Blessings, Bonni.

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...