Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Aunt Sassy's

I visited the new quilt shop in town today and, of course, spent money.  I figure it is either my birthday present to myself or a celebration that I received a raise in pay (thanks to the Union negotiations).  Either way I thought you might like to see the shop and what I got.  I took around 18 pictures so this post is only going to be what I bought.  :)


It's not a large shop but that is ok.  You don't get lost in it and don't get overwhelmed with too many selections to choose from.  Don't get me wrong.  There is a LOT to see and we all know how we can lose track of time when we look at fabric.  So what did I buy?

This first picture shows the three fabrics that I bought for $5/yard.  They are stacked on top of each other.  You see those little rolled up bundles on the left?  Those are cut from salvage to salvage and sold for 20 cents per inch.  The one on the left was marked 5 inches and I just unrolled it.  It is approximately 5 1/2" x 44".  It was only $1 and I will get lots of use out of it in my applique.  I'll post better pictures of the fabric in another post.  The fabric on the right is worth a closer look at.  That one wasn't on sale and was close to $13 a yard.


I couldn't resist this  panel fabric.  I'm not sure how I will finish it but for now I can hang it up and just look at it.


I also bought some patterns.  One of them, Labyrinth Walk, I've been wanting to make for quite awhile.  I'm now one step closer.  Don't hold your breath for me to make it though.  It has taken me years to just buy the pattern. It was $10 so that wasn't too bad, at least for this area, for a pattern.

On either side of it are two post card patterns.  It shows the picture of the pattern on one side and then on the other side are the instructions.  They were $2 each.



Hope you liked this little look.  I have more pictures of all the colorful fabric they had but I will start posting them tomorrow.


As always, have fun creating.

No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...