Thursday, July 4, 2019

Happy Fourth of July


Happy Fourth of July!  It brings back lots of memories of getting bitten by mosquitoes during fireworks at night.  Sitting in the grass and not worrying about how to get out grass stains from your jeans (molasses works good), and drinking lemonade.  Also feeling grown up when we were allowed to go up to the concession stand and order a sandwich.  We were only allowed to do it once and only to get a BBQ pulled pork sandwich.  This was in the 60s so we were all about being independent (when Mom let us be independent that is).  

So, being the shy independent type person that I am (waits for laughter to die down), I decided to work on getting my journals organized a bit more.  This year I am trying something else and that is The Happy Planner system.  I am liking it a lot.  One reason would be because I can buy the basics and then create on my own.  I have not found a good crafting journal that works for me yet.  So this allows me to customize what I want. 

First of all I love the variety of covers that I can buy.  They are all interchangeable.  I bought a set of covers and can mix and match.  Some are plain and some have affirmative (happy) sayings on them.  These are what is called a disk bound planner.  You can buy different disks and create more journals which is what I did.  This journal is my quilting one.  The bright colors for the top remind me of all the wonderful colors in fabrics.


Since I knew this was going to be a customized journal, I bought their hole punch.  It allows me to pick my own paper or whatever to use.  That allowed me to put my projects in the journal and easily take them out when finished.


One example would be the cookie cutter sampler BOM.  I set up my beginning project page, complete with a picture of what it should look like finished, and will add each block afterwards.  There is room on my project page to add which blocks I have downloaded  and when in case I forget.


It also is nice to have the journals that lay flat.  I might have told you about my friend Janine who had to go into a nursing home.  She only has one leg and diabetic and passed out.  She went to the nursing home for rehab.  Once she was there, her sister (who had legal rights to do so) got rid of her cats, most of her belongings, and all but 2 projects that I quilted for her.  NOW Janine is getting better and feeling down in the dumps so I promised her some more  quilty stuff to cheer her up.  I am thinking of this.  She loves Halloween.  With this type of journal, I can easily lay out my new fabric next to the pattern to see how it looks.  I think the black and white fabric I picked up yesterday will work nice for part of it.  If nothing else for the binding.  We'll see.


But that is my new system this year.  We'll see how it goes.  Now...some pictures from Aunt Sassy's.  It's a nice bright place which is fun to visit.







I hope you enjoyed this post and wish one and all a terrific day!






1 comment:

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

What a great journal system hon!! Thanks for the ideas! I love Aunt Sassy's also! You are a good friend and I'm sure she'll appreciate it! Hugs, Deb

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...