Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Getting back into my routine

It is almost 1;30 a.m. and I find myself unable to get some sleep.  Oh  went to bed at a reasonable time but that was evidently a sign for my body to sleep and then wake up early also.  sigh.  What does one do when they can't sleep?  For me it is getting back into my habit of trying to  be productive when I'm awake.

I am somewhat productive this time.  I didn't want to sew since I'm not THAT awake but I did go into my stash and try to decide what to use for backing material for a couple of projects.  Before that, however, let's see some kitten pictures.  








The kittens are till skittish but slowly they will warm up to me (insert a non evil laugh).  I have to pull myself away from all that cuteness but I managed it. 

I added a border to my tumbler flag and now it will be ready to sandwich after I decide what material for the back.  The binding will be white and I have some trip from a white jelly roll that I can use for that.


Since the fabric for the backing wasn't decided yet, I switched projects.  I picked up another UFO to work on - the gnome table runner.  It seemed like  a good thing to pick up since July is just around the corner.  It can be my Christmas in July UFO project.

I added the border and now this flimsy is ready t join the tumbler ranks in "what do I us for the back" pile. 



In order to get the picture, I folded the middle over by 5".  This will probably go as a table runner for the kitchen bar area.  It is long and should work out nice.

 I do have some white fabric which has Christmas words all over it.  That might be an option.  I think I might use that fabric for my cross stitch "Christmas words Stocking" that I am cross stitching.


The cross stitch is a work in progress since it is all words and it takes me a bit to do it.  It is good that the backstitching can be done at the same time since it too uses the same colors as the words and also two threads.

Slowly but surely, the UFOs are getting tackled.  Now I just have to work on not picking up any more UFO, I mean projects, until I finish up a couple more UFOs.  :)

I think it is time for me to try and get some more sleep.  Everybody have a great day and try to stay cool.  It is currently 77F which isn't bad.  Tomorrow/today the high should be low 90s.  Thank goodness I have a good window a/c unit.


Until next time....happy stitching...happy life.

No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...