Sunday, June 27, 2021

Quilting stalled until after Monday

 I won't be working on quilting for a couple of days due to a new (to me) dryer hopefully being delivered and installed by my friend Dan and my landlord Shalom.  How does that affect my quilting?  Do I love doing laundry so much that I have to stop everything and hunt up laundry to do?  Hardly.  My house is small and the rooms and doorways are small.  That means needing a clear path and as much as possible to get the dryer inside and through the living room, through the kitchen, and into the laundry room.  Oh yes, and also to get the old dryer that doesn't work out of the laundry room, through the kitchen, and then through the living room.   That doesn't sound so bad until I realized what that actually means.  I have to take down my sewing station in the living room including my ironing board.  Moving the table the sewing machine is on isn't that bad but then I also have to move my box fan, my rocking chair and cross my fingers that I won't have to move the love seat since it sticks out a TEENY bit into the door frame of the kitchen.

The kitchen!  Yeah, ok.  Looing around I see that I need to take things off of my staging area (card table) and FINALLY find room for some of the stuff.  Take down the card table and get it out of the way.  Not too bad.  Next up is the laundry room.

Hmmm.  Nothing to do about the washer.  That has to stay where it is.  I will have to move my three tiered shelf which sits next to the dryer.  Of course before I move it I have to empty it out so I CAN move it.  Then I'll put the shelf in the pantry which is off of the laundry room.  Just have to repeat the process after the newer dryer gets installed. 

Oh yeah, one more thing.  I have some of those interlocking foam pads on my floor from my kitchen through the laundry room and then into the bathroom.  Need I say more?  At least they are easily taken apart and put back together.  

I'm tired just typing all of this up.  I think I'm going to have to get part of it done and then do some cross stitch.  Even though I'll be working on some cross stitch, I did finally figure out what to use as a border for my tumbler flag.  I will need to measure things out though before cutting so I know if I have enough of it.  THAT will also have to wait until after Monday since my cutting table is also my sewing table which means it got moved.

Now on to some brighter things.  No Hayley this time but I do have a Smudgette and a Mini Orange picture. 



 ALSO...a picture of mom eating out of the same bowl as T2!!!!!!  Hmm.  Makes me wonder about those two.  I even saw T2 lick Smudges fur a couple of times and she allowed it.  Such Scandalous behavior on Sunday morning.  I would have told them to get a room but they don't pay rent so they can't use my rooms. 


I will stop now before they give us a good case of the vapors!  (grins).

Everybody have a great day and I'll let you know how the dryer moving day goes (if it happens) after Monday.


No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...