Friday, June 4, 2021

I'm tired!

That shouldn't be a surprise.  I'm retired, I'm getting older, and I'm doing more outside.  No wonder people who retire have to watch what they do so they don't overdo it.

Today was the day that my friend Dan took me for the first of the month errands.  It started around 9:30 and off to the races (I wish) we went.  The Post Office, the Food Pantry, Dollar Tree, and Walmart.  There was a stop back at the house to put away what I got from the Food Pantry and also to adjust my Walmart shopping list.  Overall I did pretty good.  Only forgot one thing and it wasn't necessary.  I just will leave it out of the recipe  it was intended for or wait to make the recipe until I get the missing ingredient.

If that wasn't tiring enough, the pathway to the backyard caught my eye.  Or perhaps I should say that the weeds caught my eye, perhaps because they were pretty, and I knew I wouldn't relax until I started to pull them out.  Sigh.  I knew there was a reason why I didn't like to work outside in the lawn or gardens.  I'm basically lazy and don't want to work up a sweat.  Couldn't help it today.  

Here is a picture of my backyard.  Slightly overgrown?  Yeah, I thought so too.  The pathway to the backyard was just as overgrown.


After an hour I managed to get the pathway to somewhat look like one.  It still needs work done but at least I can see the path now.


Of course that meant that I needed to rake up what I pulled and cut out.  Of course I needed to put it by the curb out front.  I didn't think that would be a problem because I knew I had a wheel barrel.  Oops.  I forgot that the wheel barrel had been left in the back yard the last time it was used.  Ummm.  Perhaps I could do a version of Where's Waldo in the back yard to try and find it?  Sigh.  I guess I'll just carry armloads of the weeds to the front.

Once I started I noticed that I had an audience.  Tort reassured me that she would hold down the porch so it wouldn't get buried or lost.  BC also had taken up her place underneath the tree in the front yard in the shade.  BC, of course, left as soon as I got the camera to take a picture but I did catch Tort still lounging.


Today's total of cats came to 5.  BC, Tort, Smudge and two others.  I couldn't get a picture of the other two since they are still skittish.  One I am calling T2 since it is hard to tell the difference between that one and Tort from a distance.  I've seen T2 around before but not as a regular.  The other one is more of a patchwork of white, gold, cream and maybe brown?  I think I'll call that one Patches just to be able to give it a name.  Patches did manage to get some food before it got too busy around the door.  Hopefully she will hang around more often.

So that was my busy day.  My body is feeling the weed pulling now so I'm going to stop and take some Ibuprofen.

I hope everybody has a great evening.



2 comments:

A Walk With Susan said...

That is a lot of work for one retired old lady hehehe 😉. It looks 100% better than it did. Did you ever find your wheel barrel? Take it easy just do a little at a time and it won't be so bad. 😊

Marsha Clark said...

I can not pull the weeds anymore, so I have to embrace them. lol You did good ! Take Care Sis ! Hugs <3

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...