Sunday, August 1, 2021

Cooking Day vs. Sewing Day vs. Gaming Day

 Sigh.  The brain is trying to give me a headache when I try to concentrate on which I will be doing today...cooking, sewing, and/or gaming.  After the brain settled down, as in my headache quite screaming at me, I looked at what I had chosen to cook this week.  That would be:


Garlic-Brown Sugar Chicken Thighs

Skinny Nacho Cheese Dip (Crock Pot)

Mexican Cornbread Casserole

First up Garlic-Brown Sugar Chicken Thighs.  Hmmm.  That will have to be pushed down the list a bit.  My chicken didn't finish thawing out last night so can't make the recipe until after that.  I had some chicken/thigh combo that I needed to cook up so I will use that instead of just the thigh portion.  If I change my mind, I will separate the thigh and drumstick portions and use the drumsticks for another recipe.

So then onto the Nacho Cheese Dip in the Crock Pot.  OOPS!  Forgot to take out the meat to thaw.  I'll do that and then go on to the Mexican Cornbread Casserole.  That limits what I'm going to cook next then.


Time for the Mexican Cornbread Casserole.  It looked simple but I am leaving out the can of corn because my body doesn't always handle corn that well.  Thankfully that didn't start until when I got older since I was raised in the middle of corn country!  It's in the oven right now so I'll let you know how it was in my next post.

As for gaming, I did that earlier this morning and will also probably do it again later  For some of you this is done online but it is word based and not graphic or like the games out there today with remotes etc.  It's more like everybody has a part in a play and we're writing the play as we go along.  It can be done in any genre (fantasy, pulp, sci fi, etc.)  That 2 of the 3 things planned for today so now to plan out my Sewing.

Hmm.  There is so much to pull my mind into every direction!  What to work on.  The first thing that I will have to start to work on is the test pattern that I signed up for.  It is due around the end of the month so I don't to get too sidetracked.  Perhaps working on some hexagons.  There is a sew along that is offered on Needlespot and I might do it as a quilt as you go.  I have a couple of templates on order that should be delivered this week  Once I get them, I will look at the pattern and see about converting it to a quilt as you go.  I do have a 2 1/2" quilt as you go hexagon template that I'm working on.  It is something that I can do and collect and eventually I'll put them together.  We'll see how many I get done before I am tired of working on them.

Another quilting project is my table runner made out of left over blocks from the Lattice Quilt wall-hanging.  I' doing that by hand (the table runner) so it will take a bit.  There is also all the multiple blocks of the month and/or week to work on.  Guess I'd better stop typing this and get on it.  :)

Everybody have a great day!


1 comment:

A Walk With Susan said...

Hope the chicken recipe turns out well. Can't wait to hear all about it. I am glad you were able to spend sometime on the game it has been awhile since you were able to.

The Lattice Table Runner will come in handy when you've had a busy day and just want to get some stitching done. Well there is also Ladies Aide New York Sampler for hand stitching as well. That will keep your mind at peace while working on the Test quilt.

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...