Thursday, February 2, 2023

January is over...Hello February!

 Today is a little warmer since I see the temperature is already 32F.  Yesterday our high was only 30F.  To warm me up a bit more, I decided to switch out my wall hangings and decor for a warmer theme since it is February.  Isn't it exciting to know a winter month is over with?  That means we are one month closer to summer months and warmer weather.  Ok, back on topic Bonni.  So I decided to put up my February projects.

This is my corner where I sit and stitch early in the morning when I can't sleep.  Last night/this morning it was 1:30 a.m. and I sat and stitched a little bit.  I need to get better cushions for the rocking chair if I am going to stitch more in it.  I like to sit in it because my gas heater is right there and I won't get cold.  I am a little disappointed in my cascading hearts (the one on the door) wall hanging.  When I ironed it, I noticed yellow spots on both the front and back.  Did it come from the washer?  Who knows.  Luckily it is just me here and they are faint enough not to detract from all the hard work I did on it.  I was a pattern tester for it.  The pattern was offered through The Quilt Pattern Magazine a couple of years ago(?) so check them out.  Their subscription price is very reasonable and it is an online magazine that has lots of patterns in it.


Since I also have a wall which has a hanger on it (convenient, right?) I decided to put design wall flannel up on it. That's the white you see above the wall hanging.  This wall hanging was made after exchanging the house blocks with some of the ladies in my Our Time To Quilt group.  Since the middle of the houses have hearts, I decided it could stay up on the wall for February.



Another wall hanging that I decided to keep up even though it has Christmas/holiday fabric in it, is the rail fence quilt.  This was made with a kit from Jordan Fabrics.  I liked working on it and it went together very quickly.  Sometime I might buy more than one kit and make a larger wall hanging.



I also managed to work on my Blackwork Stitch A Long that is from Peppermint Purple Facebook group.  It isn't as hard as it looks and it is free so if it interests you, check it out.  The past weeks are still available and you will get to see lots of eye candy and beautiful  work.  Some people are doing theirs in colors but I wanted my first blackwork project to be that...all done in blackwork.



I hope that you enjoyed this little update.  Please stay warm and stay safe.

Hugs to all.

PS:  I changed the background theme on my page.  The deep red might not be for everybody.  If you don't like it, don't worry.  I will be changing it after Valentines Day.  I do like how you can see the orange peel (or cathedral windows) pattern on the sides, 


9 comments:

A Walk With Susan said...

Your right that is a pretty deep red color, just in time for Valentines Day / February.

Your stitching is coming along nicely. It seems once you changed the border you are much happier with your stitching and are doing more of it.

Keep up the great work.

doloresquilts said...

Beautiful studio display!

Bonni said...

Thanks! It's my little corner of the living room that I enjoy being able to change things up a bit. I wasn't able to do that when I lived in Illinois.

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

I love how you've made your special place to celebrate the seasons as well as your creativity! Beautiful Bonni! Hugs, Deb

Bonni said...

Thanks Deb! It is fun to change it up. I'm ok for March, meaning I know what I want to put up, but after that I'll be scratching my head.

Marsha Clark said...

Pretties !

Bonni said...

Thank you Marsha!

esther said...

Love your work. Beautiful ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Bonni said...

Thank you so much Esther.

Total eclipse

 Shalom stopped by and showed me a couple of the pix that he took of the eclipse.  I thought I'd share with you. The first two pictures ...