Monday, February 13, 2023

Squirrel Day

 What?  You don't have a squirrel day on your calendar?  I don't normally because I do it so often I don't need reminders.  Squirrel Day is the day I made up to work on a bit of everything.  The trick is to try and have organized squirrel days.  That almost sounds like a contradiction doesn't it?  As long as I have a "to do" list,  I can have a squirrel day.  I am thinking that Mondays should not be called Monday but instead Squirrel Day.  For those of you who still work (I'm sorry), wouldn't you rather go to work on Squirrel Day instead of Monday?  You probably already have a list of things that you need to do which will just get longer after you get to work, so why not eek out a bit of fun while you can.  So far it has helped me get some work done.

My squirrel list today consists of:

- Work on email accounts (change passwords, set up recovery means, etc.)

- Go to "my groups" on my quilting sites and check if I have to respond to anything and/or download the latest pattern for a block of the month or similar.

- Send out the Monday Recipes to my group of ladies.  

- Make progress on UFO's.  

- Cook food and, sigh, do dishes.

That being said, I have worked on my email accounts, although I have to write down my changes yet.  I have also gone to my quilting sites and downloaded what I needed to responded when needed.  I have to thread some needles before I can work on one of the UFO blocks for Rose of Sharon but that won't take long.  Then comes lunch and figure out what to make for dinner.  Lunch is easy.  I'll reheat my chicken burrito with white sauce for lunch and then figure out what to make for dinner.  The burrito with red sauce has some of the red enchilada sauce I made.  That was my go to if I didn't like the white sauce.  The verdict?  It was pretty good even if it didn't have much kick to it.  Go ahead, ask me why it didn't.  Well it seems that I used my notes after watching the video to make it but before I rewrote my notes.  In other words, I forgot to add the taco seasoning.  I squirreled.  I didn't have taco seasoning (although I thought I did) so I made up some.  By the time I finished making it up I couldn't remember what I wanted to use it in.  I even checked the recipe but since I didn't have a "clean" copy of the recipe, I missed it.  Live and learn, right?



All that being said, I think I have had a pretty productive day.  Now I will sit at the computer, stitch on the Rose of Sharon block, and ignore the sewing room/bedroom because it is still in Chaos even though I have one corner of it straightened out.  Think I'm kidding?  Here is my proof of what else I need to do.  LOL.

Doesn't it look all nice and pretty when it is done?



This is the other side of the finished cleaned up storage.  Not too bad but it still needs work.  The fabric that is in those shoe box size cubby holes is mostly fat quarters.  My new theory is that everything has to fit.  If it doesn't fit it gets thrown out.  GASP!  Did I just say that?  I mean it gets thrown out of my house.  VERY few pieces of fabric actually get tossed into the garbage.  I have some quilting friends who I send things to periodically and that means it is THEIR problem on how to fit them into THEIR stash.  Devious of me, right?  Oops.  I suppose it would sound better to say isn't that nice of me?  (grins)



The other part of the sewing room that needs cleaning is:



My method of cleaning is to move pile to another pile in a different location until no more locations are left to move.  This section is the last section/pile to move things to that have fabric.  After that comes the shelves that hold my DMC floss and project containers.  That section doesn't need much work.  I just need to straighten it up a bit.


I hope to finish or at least sandwich my Rainbow Flowers (by Edyta Sitar) wall hanging this month.  I'm not going to put on her border because I want to get it done.  May will be here soon and I want to hang it up then (unless I squirrel again).  I think I will use that brown for the back and then wrap around binding.  I will big stitch it by hand so it will be simple but take me a bit to do.


That's about it on the crafting front.  I'll soon be posting a progress report on my Blackwork Stitch a Long.  I'm caught up on it and am just waiting for this weeks pattern to be sent out on Wednesday.

You remember my friend Dan?  Well he had some major vehicle issues (Universal Joint, drive shaft, 2 sparkplugs not working as well as their wires, and a vacuum hose) so he had to rent a vehicle for about a week.  While he had it he took me for a little spin after getting groceries to see the ditches around where he lives (30 minutes from my place).  Here are a couple of pictures I managed to take.  These are not lakes or ponds.  At least that isn't what the farmers who work these fields didn't intend them to be.  I think that the birds in the areas think they make good ponds and lakes.  What do you think?



 The farmers won't be in those fields right away!

Time for me to get to threading needles.  Everybody have a safe and great day!





No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...