Thursday, February 23, 2023

Weekly check-in February 23, 223

Hi everybody!  

   It was a beautiful day this week and I was able to sit outside.  Sunny came up to see me and looked so cute so that I decided to take his picture.  Unfortunately I had to get in the pix also but I guess that is the good news and the bad news.  LOL.  


   I don't have much to report this time.  I had hoped to be able to show you progress but I really can't.  Still, I promised to report on any progress.  I did manage to work on the Rose of Sharon quilt block but since I was sick for a couple of days, I didn't get to finish it.  Hopefully by next week I will have a picture of it for you.

   Another thing I was hoping to post about was this weeks Blackwork filler.  No such luck.  I did get it started so hopefully soon you will be able to see the progress pix.

   One thing that I did get done was concerning my DMC floss.  Whenever I end a project that includes DMC floss, I put the floss into a baggie and save  up to put them officially away until the baggie is full.  It was time to officially put them away so I pulled out my floss containers and got to it.  It took me a bit to get it all put away but now they are all nicely organized again.  

   


   It might look like a lot of floss, and I guess it really is, but not all of those containers are full.  I split them up by the DMC number so some even have less then 10 bobbins in them.  Eventually more will be added since it appears I still don't, contrary to popular demand, I don't have EVERY DMC cotton floss color there is.  I even find that I'm out of certain colors to work on individual projects.  How does that happen?  I certainly don't know.

   One thing that did pick up my mood was that I received my block of the block block.  This is the block for March.



   I love that shamrock fabric that was used for the center.  I did figure out what I want to do for the April block.  Since the saying is "April showers bring May flowers", I am going to do a block which has an umbrella on it.  Then, of course, I can do a block for May which flowers.  I picked out my fabric and got the appliques all fused down.  I even have the floss I think that I can use and best of all I think I only have two colors that I will be using.  One is a light blue and the other one is a darker blue which I will use on the handle of the umbrella.
   
   Like I said, I didn't have much to report.  Progress is still progress though and I hope to be able to report more progress next Thursday.  In the meantime, I hope that all my friends are staying safe.  I know that one friend has lost electricity in this last round of ice storms and I sincerely hope that she gets it restored soon.  Be safe everybody!  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...