Thursday, March 2, 2023

It's been a week already?

 FINALLY it's Thursday and I get to post something.  Oh I know I could have posted anytime but I'm trying to keep to a schedule.  It's a new month and it was time to change up the quilts décor.  Since it is March I have greens up this time.  I finally found where to put up my turtle.  She made her way to my door window.



Then, of course, there is Elle the Elephant.    I took two pictures of  that corner of the room.  This first one is an overall one.  It shows Elle which I tested for The Quilt Pattern Magazine.  I love this pattern.  


This second picture of Elle shows a UFO that I want to get done for next year.  The greens stick out in it so I am thinking next year I will put it up with all the other greens.  


This next picture if the runner that George helps guard.  If you look at the previous picture, you'll se a candy dish that is sitting on the runner.  I had to take it off of the runner so that George would stop eating all the candy.  That opened up what was hidden under the candy dish.  It was the coffee cup.  NOW George is looking up at Elle to see if she wants the coffee or if he will take it.


Of course I had to put up Bamboo on the door to the sewing/bedroom.  It fits nicely there.  It and the bookcase runner were also patterns of The Quilt Pattern magazine.  They do have lovely patterns.


That is what I changed up.  It sparked me to finish/catch up with my goals for February.  So, without further ado, let me show you my progress on monthly goals. 

1.  Blackwork.  I caught up with last week's Blackwork and took a picture.  In the picture I had put a ruler next to the Blackwork to give those who do not do this craft an example of how large (or small) it is.  After that is the picture of this week's Blackwork which means that I am all caught up.




Not only did I get caught up on the blackwork, but I also finished the Rose of Sharon UFO Block.  


I'll be picking out another Rose of Sharon block to work on but first I need to finish a stamped cross stitch block which is another UFO block/project.  

I've also been cooking these last two weeks and took some pictures.  Here they are.

This first one is Triple Decker Cheeseburger Quesadilla.  This one is definitely a winner.  I used a smaller size tortilla for it because I wanted to leave room for my spatula to easily get underneath it to help.  I'm glad I did.  I only used half of the meat mixture so I can just add a little more meat to it.  I already promised Dan it so he will get it on Sunday.


THEN I decided to make another recipe.  This one is a chicken enchilada one but instead of the green sauce I used my red enchilada sauce instead.  That is, I used it after I made some more.  It heats up quite nicely too! 





That's it for now.  I hope everybody has a great week!



2 comments:

Sewgranny said...

Looks like you had a busy week. Your work is beautiful and I'm going back and trying to read your past blogs as I haven't been following you long!

Bonni said...

Thanks Sewgranny. I hope you enjoy reading my blog.

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...