Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Menu for 3.8.23 - 3.14.23

 I know that I said I would post on Thursdays, and I will, but I also find myself needing to post on Wednesdays.  I will blame this on my friend Connie.  :)

We were talking the other day and saying how we need to plan out our meals better.  We ae always forgetting to pick up stuff at the grocery store or find ourselves fixing the same things over and over again.   That is when she told me she was going to get back into the habit of  meal planning.  Of course planning it and sticking to it are two different things.  The, hopeful, solution is to tell each other what our meal plans are which will help reinforce it since writing things down is supposed to do that.  Of course one must also remember where they wrote it down and also remember to go look at it.  One step at a time, right?

Since I have a blog, I thought I would write my menu here on Wednesdays.  I still plan on blogging on Thursday as my weekly update for crafting.  Wish me luck!  So, without stalling any longer, here is my proposed meal plan for Wednesday 3-8-23 through Tuesday 3-14-23.

Wednesday - Chili Cornbread Casserole

Thursday - It was Shipwreck Dinner but it is rainy and I am chilled so Chicken and White Bean soup is coming in for a substitution.  Of course having chicken that needs to be eaten up might have something to do with that also.  LOL.

Friday - Leftovers!  Yes, we can't forget leftovers.  Since it is only me and my freezer is full (not that it takes much to achieve that) I have to rely on leftovers.  It's a good thing I don't mind leftovers.

Saturday - Chicken Tamale Casserole

Sunday - Crab Casserole - I am really looking forward to trying this recipe out.

Monday - Leftovers mainly because I don't want to do anything on Mondays.

Tuesday - Pot Pie.

It all sounds ambitious to me when I type it out.  Hopefully things will work out but I plan on making substitutions when the mood strikes.

This will help.  Now to remember to look at it....


2 comments:

Sewgranny said...

Ummm yes, meal planning, I plan, then don't want what I planned, I am going to try and get better, I've been on a mission to eat what's here, googling recipes with available ingredients, it's been interesting LOL!!!

Bonni said...

Meal planning can be a chore at times. Try to just go with the flow. If when a certain day comes up and you look at what you are supposed to be cooking and your body goes YUCK...change it. Who cares if you have the crab casserole on Sunday or Friday. Yeah, that is my substitute this week. I couldn't wait any longer to try the crab casserole so that is being moved up to probably today.

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...