Thursday, March 23, 2023

Wow! What a week!





Hi everybody!

   Where does the week go?  It seems like I just was posting about projects yesterday and now another week has gone by and I'm at it again.  I do have updates today so let's get started.  First up I was able to mail to my swap partner the April block.  I decided to do another applique block and this time it was an umbrella for all of those April showers.  


   For May I will do another applique block and this time it will have flowers on it.  I haven't picked it out yet but that is my plan.  I will get it figured out the first week in April and then get it stitched up so it will be ready to go by the time I find out who my partner will be.

   Since I am talking about applique, here is a picture of my rose of Sharon UFO blocks.  I finished appliqueing the 5th block.  The sixth block is the last of the fused on blocks so soon I will have to start to fuse the blocks before appliqueing.  I hope that the adhesive is still good on them otherwise it will be a pain.


   There are 3 more block but I don't want to do them for the wall hanging.  They are too similar to what I have already done.  I think those last three, if I decide to do them, might be made into a table runner.   Wish me luck.



      According to the calendar, we are now in Spring.  I don't think that Mother Nature got the memo though.  On the other hand, all this crazy weather is not really unusual so perhaps it is really true and Spring is here.  Since it is here I thought I would welcome in spring by changing out some of my wall hangings.  The first change out is the space above the dresser.  Elle the Irish Elephant (grins) was there but now the welcome sign is up.



   Since it has flowers and a bunny on it, I can also keep it up until after Easter.  I might keep it up longer since I do love how it turned out.  Another change up was on the window to my door leading to the porch.  It had the turtle on it but now it has my little cardinal.  



   I did that little table topper YEARS ago.  The blue in from old blue jeans and I wondered how a Cathedral Window would work.  It turned out ok but then I needed something in the middle.  I put a little cardinal in the middle and gave it to mom.  When mom passed away, it was returned to me.  It is pinned up since I didn't put a sleeve on it.  Now that I figured out where I can hang it, it is now time to put the sleeve on.

   The only other thing I have to report on is this weeks Blackwork.  This picture shows weeks 1-12.  I am so happy with how this is turning out.  I'm still not sure how I will finish it but I still have time for that since it is a total of 52 fillers. 



The colors are a little off but at least you can see the designs.  The fabric is an oatmeal color 18 count Aida.  Each one of the small squares is approximately one inch since there are 17 stitches across and 17 stitches down.

   This is it for the updates this week.  I think it is now time for a quick nap.  



   The joys of being retired...you can nap when you want.  

I hope everybody has a safe and great week.






2 comments:

Nikki said...

Miss Bonni,

You do amazing work on the wall hangings and also the embroidery work to. Do you have the pattern still for the turtle and the bunny quilts that you did?

Bonni said...

Thanks Nikki. I think your mom might have the pattern for the bunny welcome. I will have to look for the turtle one. I'll let you know. If your mom doesn't have the bunny one let me know and I'll dig through my things.

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...