Thursday, March 9, 2023

Sigh. I didn't get as much done because...


I didn't get as much done this week because...because I was lazy?  Because I broke my glasses?  Because I lost electricity?  Because I had a monthly SCA report to do?  So many options so choose all that apply.  That would be three out of the four excuses.  LOL.

My day started out with firmly telling a couple of dogs to get off my porch and stop barking.  That led to all the cats disappeared because they weren't going to be around barking dogs.  I don't blame them.  Still eventually they came back and had breakfast.  The other day they were quite lazy since it wasn't raining (like today).  Sonny took advantage of it and found his favorite sleeping spot.


Wednesday rolled around, which is one of my favorite days of the week and I was able to watch on Disney+ the latest episodes of Bad Batch and Mandalorian.  Not only that but it was also the day of the week that Purple Peppermint put out the weekly filler for their Blackwork Stitch A Long.  I managed to get around 10 stitches in and then I couldn't keep my eyes open any more and had to stop.  I stitched on the printed cross stitch quilt block but didn't finish that either.  So by next Thursdays I should pictures of you but, unfortunately, not today.  

That doesn't mean I was just a lump on a log.  Oh no.  I managed to be productive and waste time at the same time.  That means, you probably guessed it, I searched for recipes on the internet.  To be more precise, more free kindle books.  I get a daily email featuring free kindle books in the genres that I like from Freebooksy (freebooksy.com).  Today though I decided I wanted to search for some free recipe books.  That was one of the first steps down the rabbit hole.  I didn't find some that I downloaded and that was only with the first two pages.  I downloaded:

  Easy Ramen Noodle Cookbook
  Easy Spice Mixes
  Five Ingredient Cookbook
  Easy Tomato Sauce Cookbook 
  Savory Pies (I had downloaded that the other day)

I also discovered that when I went to Amazon and opened up the book with the (read now) feature, if I found a recipe I wanted to try, I could screen print the recipe.  I found some Ramen Noodle and Savory Pies recipes. 

I'm sure that some of these recipes will make it into my cooking rotation (see meal planning on yesterday's post).   Of course it doesn't take me long to get sidetracked by food.  I was happy to see that the price of eggs came down from around $20 to around $11 for 60 eggs.  I didn't get 60 but if that price holds, I might next month.  I will go through 60 eggs in a month easily.  Oh, speaking of eggs.  Dan went down to see his friend who lives by Memphis and he brought back 18 eggs that he gave me.  His friend raises chickens and ducks and he gave me 6 duck eggs and 12 brown chicken eggs. 


I don't remember having duck eggs before so I was curious about what the difference with them are.  Besides the duck eggs are more nutritious and perhaps a bit creamier egg, I didn't see much difference.



I will use them and am very thankful that I was given them.  

Have you found any new or have any interesting recipes?  I am always on the look for new ones.  For St. Patrick's Day, I will be putting corned beef in the crockpot.  Dan will be over for Easter so I will be doing another crock pot meal.  He had given me two HUGE chicken breasts and said to use them so I will.  I found a recipe for Chicken and Swiss Cheese that I will be doing.  It will have the chicken, the cheese, and also uses stove top (or similar) stuffing.  Are you doing anything for Easter?   Soon I will have to cook up a pork roast so I suppose that will be my next recipe to investigate.  :)

I hope everybody has a safe and good week.  





No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...