Tuesday, March 28, 2023

It's Menu Accountability Time and Again

 I know it is a little early but I have a busy day planned for tomorrow.  Here is this weeks recipes as well as comments from how I did last week.  First up is last week comments and notes.

Wednesday - Fried Rice - Love this.  I had a pork chop that I cooked up and used in the Fried Rice.  When I make Fried Rice, I make a huge batch.  This time it was enough for 4 meals with left over veggies and leftover rice.  I thought I might use those in a pot pie.

These are all the things I put into the fried rice.  My veggies were all canned since I had to rotate stock in the pantry.  That is another reason why I made so much.  So for veggies I have carrots, green beans, and corn.  As mentioned before, I fried up a pork chop and diced it and I also scrambled some eggs.  Obviously rice is also included.  Spices?  Just general ones...salt, pepper, minced garlic, a little bit of olive oil, Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce. 


As usual, what I like doesn't always photograph well.  Fried Rice is such an example.  That's ok though.  It tasted VERY good and I looked forward to the leftovers.




Thursday - Leftovers - Obviously Fried Rice Leftovers were the leftovers of the day.  Love them. 

Friday - Shepherd Pie or Pot Pie  - I changed this up for Spaghetti or Chili Mac as some would say.  The Spaghetti Sauce but instead of Spaghetti noodles, I used up noodles from my leftover container.  You know those little bits and bobs of noodles that you have leftover from a box of noodles.  I put them all into a container so they get mixed up and then will use them for dishes like this.  This batch has around 4 different types of noodles in it.

Saturday - Leftovers - Leftover Chili Mac...Yummm.

Sunday - BBQ Chicken - Changed it up to Leftovers

Monday - Chili - Changed it up to BBQ Chicken

Tuesday - Leftovers - Today's leftovers was BBQ Chicken




Side notes - Have you heard of Lefse? It is a treat that we would have every year around family gatherings. Lefse (pronounced “LEFF-sa”) are a lot like tortillas or flatbread, but much larger and thinner. For best results, use REAL butter and sugar. Spread the butter on, sprinkle it with sugar; roll it up, and enjoy! I had a Swedish boss who liked it with jelly instead of butter and sugar. Anyway, since it is "like" a tortilla, this week I used tortillas instead of Lefse to see how it would work. It's not the same but it was still good and I will probably make it again. It was nice to have a little treat during the week.

The other treat (snack) was cream cheese spread over tortillas. One time I put Everything Bagel seasoning on top but the other times it was just plain cream cheese.

That brings me to this week's menu.

Wednesday - March 29th - Yumesetti - it was taking up space in the freezer.

Thursday - March 30th - Pork chops with a veggie

Friday - March 31st - Leftovers. Probably Yumesetti since I only thawed out 1 pork chop.

Saturday - April 1st - Potato Soup

Sunday - April 2nd - leftovers

Monday - April 3rd - Spaghetti Casserole

Tuesday - April 4th - Leftovers. Leftovers will always be on the schedule for Tuesdays so that I can clean out the frig before taking out garbage. :)

What's on your menu for this week? Care to take bets on how well I stick to this menu? I don't blame you for not taking that bet. I do change it up a lot but that's ok. It keeps me thinking about what to eat and therefore I don't have a lot of waste.

No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...