Thursday, March 16, 2023

What a busy woman I was this week!

 Remember when I said I would catch up with my crafting because I didn't finish enough last week?  I did catch up.  So where to begin.  Let's see.   Perhaps with pictures of what I caught up on?  Yes, let's start there.

First up is the blackwork.  This picture shows last weeks fill as well as this weeks fill.  That means I am now totally caught up.


This next picture shows all of what I have done.  There are two more squares to do on the top row and then the squares start to move down the right side.  It will be fun to see it in progress.


That wasn't all I worked on though.  I worked on another Rose of Sharon block.  These pictures show the block with the color of floss I picked out as well as my stitching friend Hermione right in the midst of things to help out.



I always like to take a picture of what floss I decide to use.  It helps me remember when I get to the different parts.  You might see the finished block next week.  I have most of it stitched already.  The only parts left are two sections of leaves.  We'll see.  If not next week then certainly the week after that.

Hmm.  What next to post about?


Oh yeah.  I am working on another UFO.  This UFO is at the sandwiched and ready to quilt stage.  I'll be doing it by hand and doing a medium to big stitch on it.  Why did I decide to use a big stitch to quilt it?  That's easy.  I haven't been able to do smaller stitches yet.  I don't do it that often to get a lot of practice in.  I don't like doing the quilting part but smaller objects I can tolerate.  This one has waited long enough to be finished so it will get done this year.  :)


That's about it for this blog post.  Before I sign off, I want to share a picture of  Miss Callie with you.  Miss Callie has decided to join the other cats at morning mealtime this week.  She is petite and probably was an indoor cat at sometime since she allows you to pet her for a limited time.


Isn't she pretty?  The other cats don't mind her coming to eat and staying in the yard.  We'll see how often she comes.  She is welcome anytime.  Did I tell you I think Miss Smidge might be pregnant again?  That's Sonny's mama.  We'll see later in the year.  I'll keep you updated.

That's it for this week's updates.  Have a wonderful day and stay warm and safe.

2 comments:

Kat Scribner said...

That is ALOT of blackwork, Bonni. Great progress. I started back up with some hand embroidery. When did I get so sloppy with it?? I think my vision is crappng out. I use extra lights and sometimes I'm getting a tiny space between the stitches that I dont want and sometimes its on an angle that I don't want. I used to be REALLY REALLY GOOD at a fine looking line stitch.

Bonni said...

Thanks Kat. Yes it is surprising how quickly the vision changes. I have the cataract surgery on both eyes but when doing the blackwork it is by my floor lamp and wear 2.5 cheaters as well as a clip on magnifier. Well at least it still allows me to do it. :)

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...