Wednesday, March 22, 2023

This weeks menu

      Here we are starting out another week of menu ideas.  Last week was different.  Sometimes it seemed like I was changing up the menu more than I was actually keeping to it.  Still, the menu ideas gave me a guide to what to eat so I guess it wasn't so bad.  How did I do?  Let's see.  The menu plan was:


Wednesday - Corned Beef and cabbage - made early so Dan can take some home with him

Thursday - burritos

Friday - tuna quiche

Saturday - Leftovers

Sunday - Lasagna Helper

Monday - Broccoli Potato Soup

Tuesday - Leftovers

     There was only two days that I changed on the menu.  The days that I had the other meals might have changed somewhat but I still kept to what I had in mind.  When Sunday came along, I just stared at the Lasagna Helper and almost barfed.  It just wasn't appealing and since it was also past it's "best if used by" date (by a year) I decided I had the right not to make it.  Instead I cooked up a couple of chicken legs and ate those.  Sunday wasn't any better.  The broccoli Potato Soup just didn't appeal to me so it will go on the menu another time.  Instead I had ramen and cheese.  The recipe that was taken from a ramen cookbook didn't work out.  I still ate it but I will NOT be making that recipe again.  

     I was thinking on what to have for this weeks recipes.  This is what  came up with.

Wednesday - Fried Rice

Thursday - Leftovers

Friday - Shepherd Pie or Pot Pie

Saturday - Leftovers

Sunday - BBQ Chicken

Monday - Chili

Tuesday - Leftovers

     Today I need to make up my rice for the fried rice or it won't be happening.  I have one porkchop all thawed out that I might cook up and add to the fried rice.  I always make a HUGE batch of fried rice so I'm sure that it will be featured in Thursday's leftovers.  Sunday's BBQ Chicken might be changed out for something else.  I'm not sure yet.  It too might be a leftover day since my fried rice and shepherd's/pot pie recipes also make a lot.  Right now BBQ Chicken isn't sounding good to me but that is further down the week so who knows how it will sound by the time Sunday rolls around.  I also like to have Tuesday be a day for leftovers.  I put my garbage can out on the streets on Tuesdays since Wednesdays is garbage pick up day.  Because of that Tuesday is also clean out the refrigerator day.  

     Wish me luck with this week's planning.  Now I'm off to print up my Blackwork fill and get to work on that.  Technically I should be doing dishes but I am trying to postpone doing that until later.  Why?  Because I don't like doing dishes.  LOL.

     Everybody have a good and safe day.  I'll see you back here tomorrow when I post my crafting updates.

No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...