Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Menu for 3.15.23 - 3.21.23 and criques

 Well here we are with another week gone by and it is time for menu planning.  Tomorrow will be a busy day for me so I am posting this tonight.  Best to post a little early rather than not to post at all.

How did I do last week?  I pretty much followed my menu plan but did switch up the days a little.  I cooked up some new recipes and had mixed results with them. 

First up was chili cornbread.  I made this before so I knew that it would be good and stood up to leftovers.  Then I made chicken and white bean soup.  It was "ok" but I think I'd just rather have bean soup.  I ate it all but by the time it was over with, I was a little tired of leftovers.  Friday was supposed to be leftovers but I couldn't wait any longer before I made the crab casserole.  So Friday was crab casserole.  I liked it but I'm not sure if I would like it put in a crockpot and shred the crab instead of chunking it.  Then serve it more of a dip for crackers, etc.  Perhaps next time.  Saturday and Sunday ended up being leftover days.  Monday was Brown butter gnocchi day.  I had potato gnocchi in the freezer so used that.  The recipe called for 3 teaspoon minced garlic and 1 teaspoon of thyme.  It was VERY garlicky and I will cut back on that the next time I make it.  Since it also called for 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese to be added at the end, it was pretty salty.  That might get cut back as well. Tonight, was leftovers instead of pot pie or corned beef.  Technically the corned beef will be on tonight's list since I will put it in the crockpot when I go to bed and let it cook that way.  The pot pie idea just didn't appeal to me so instead I am taking out 3 corn dogs from the freezer and going to eat them.  :)  

That means a new menu to list out for the week of March 15 - March 21, 2023.

Here are the recipes that I plan on making as well as left over days.

Wednesday - Corned Beef and cabbage - made early so Dan can take some home with him

Thursday - burritos

Friday - tuna quiche

Saturday - Leftovers

Sunday - Lasagna Helper

Monday - Broccoli Potato Soup

Tuesday - Leftovers

I'm sure there will be little tweaks here and there but that is what I have planned so far.

I'll see you on Thursday and Report on my crafting projects.  Until then stay safe and warm.


2 comments:

Kathy G said...

Tuna quiche sounds interesting. I would have never thought about putting that combination of ingredients together.

Bonni said...

That is what I thought when I first saw the recipe.

Tuna Quiche

12 OZ. canned tuna (I usually use 3 cans since they usually 5 oz cans)
1 medium onion - diced
3 large eggs - beaten
1 cup shredded cheese (I use co-jack but you can use whatever you want)
1 cup Mayo (NOT miracle whip)
1/8 cup water (which I forget to add sometimes)

Mix all together

Pour into pie crust (or not - if using casserole dish I use 9 x 9 and spray it with Pam)

Bake 375 F for 50-60 minutes (Until toothpick comes out clean, etc.)

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...