Monday, June 19, 2023

Moving recipe and cooking info to Monays

 After thinking about it, I will be posting about recipes and such to Mondays (instead of Wednesdays).  That is because I've been trying to lose weight and I weigh in on Mondays.  LOL.  Nothing like being held accountable for things by posting it someplace.  :)

So here is what is happening as far as food is concerned.  

1.  I don't have a specific weight loss program that I will be following.  Done that before and yes I did  lose weight but it eventually came back on.  I have lost over 100 pounds twice.  So I know what will work for me.  Now that I am less active,  will have to be a bit more careful but I will do it.  I'm not in a hurry.

2.  I've cut down on my soda.  I do prefer regular but I am pretty proud that I have cut back down.  I am on the same case of regular soda and it has been over a week.  That is a record for me.  Before I allow myself some soda, I am forcing myself to drink water which I do not like.  Yes, I know it is better for me but my taste buds don't care and neither do I.  I do have some diet soda sometimes, like I get it from Pantry Day, but mostly it is regular.   I also drink some tea.  I have one that I love and can drink without anything added to it.  It is a loose tea from:

https://www.auntiearwenspices.com/.../Featured_Products.html

I love Auntie Arwin's Bah! Bah! Black Sheep Rosemary Citrus Blend as well as their Very Berry Beneficial tea (loose tea). I will order more eventually but that is what I've tried so far.

I will be getting some sugar free Kool-Aid  when I go to the store next...unless I forget it again.  LOL.

3.  What did I eat?  For brunch? I usually have an omelet with fresh spinach and feta cheese.  

4.  In the afternoon I have fixed French Bread Pizza.  Well fixed half of it and put the other half of the bread back in the freezer.  I also had enchiridia's.  Another day I had tuna mac.


That is what I HAD.  So what am I going to HAVE this week?

I still like versions of omelets for brunch.  Then I will decide what to make for dinner.

I have a lot of recipes I want to try but I haven't gotten to the store yet to get all the ingredients to make them do to my income and also Dan's vehicle not running.  It's fun being retired isn't it?  Sigh.  LOL.

Some things that I would like to make soon-ish are:

1.  Chicken breasts with tomato paste on top, cheese, and then Italian seasoning to top it all.  Bake.  I know.  That recipe is a bit lacking in directions.  That's how I wrote it down.  LOL.

2.  Chopped chicken bacon ranch sub - but I'm not sure if I will put it on a sub roll or just make it as a salad, etc.

3.  crack chicken pinwheels.

4.  Marinated Beet Salad

5.  Southwest Chicken Hummus Wrap

6.  And more...  :)

What do you plan on making?  Do you have a favorite summer dish you like to make?





2 comments:

Sewgranny said...

Wish I could find my way to making and following menus again! I've been stress eating (lost my brother Monday after losing my hubby a few months ago :() and I really need to STOP, going to try to get up tomorrow with a renewed attempt to do better, it is hard, but I need to lose at least 20 pounds and get back to walking and stretching!

Bonni said...

Hang in there. It doesn't happen overnight and we still have to do whichever way works for me. This week I gained 4 pounds. I've done this too often to let it bother me. I'll change my thinking and don't think of it was losing weight. I'll go and look up some new recipes and just pre portion out the dish before taking a portion to eat. If I'm still hungry after that I'll take another portion. I'm retired. I'm not in a hurry. Steady progress and all that is better. I know I will gain some weeks and lose other weeks. :) Hugs.

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...