Sunday, June 25, 2023

Not a good week

 This hasn't been a good week for me on both the losing weight side as well as on the craft side.  That's ok.  I'll bounce back.  It's so hot right now that I get antsy and don't have patience if things don't work out.  What hasn't worked out this week?

1.  My messenger bag.  I could have sworn I followed directions and it didn't turn out at all.  I'll cut off the bottom of it, perhaps, and just use it as a quick bag when I need it.  Of course I'm just as likely to cut it apart, store the scraps for another project, and throw out this pattern.  I have another messenger bag pattern that I can try to make but my patience has gone for a bit.  Perhaps because heat indexes over 100 make me grumpy?  Patterns not working out make me grumpy?  Both?

2.  I have messed up my Blackwork so it is set aside for another day.

3.  I gained weight - gee Bonni, see what happens when you binge eat?  SHOCKER!

On the good news front..

1.  I chased off 4 big dogs with my walking stick when they wanted to eat the cat food and was scaring little Luna.  I really wasn't in danger.  They are large dogs but no growing at me.  Just barking at Luna.  A wave of my stick, a stern voice, and me staying on the porch until I see them give up on waiting and all was fine.  I held Luna for a little bit and then big brother Sunny came over and wanted his cuddles and pets also.  She showed up for breakfast this morning so she's ok.

2.  I found a dragon pattern that I want to make.  I don't necessarily like how they did it but I'll think on it.

3.  I'm getting some exercise in.  It counts picking out fabric and putting it away again, right?  Walking to the corner grocery store and then picking up weights (2 liters) and walking again counts right?  LOL.


That's it for now.  It is 83F right now and it is 8:45 a.m.  Think I had better walk to the gas station before it gets hotter.  Heat index is expected to be over 100F today.  I have plenty of water to drink so I'm not worried.

Stay cool and have a great day.


No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...