Sunday, July 2, 2023

Planning? What's that? Oh yeah...

 I think that I will count this as weeks plan.  :)

I weighed in today and I didn't lose any weight.  On the other hand, I didn't gain any either.  I will take that as a win.  Part of my problem was...I just didn't care.  I will admit it.  Dieting, if I can use that ugly word, just isn't fun.  At my age I deserve to have some fun.  I like to eat.  I just have to get back on track and even if I don't gain or lose weight, I just need to be held accountable.  So what did I last week?  I can't remember that much because I wasn't keeping track.  I'm bad!

This week I will try to be better.  That is my goal.  It won't matter to me if I gain weight or lose it or even stay the same.  As long as I get back into the habit of not going overboard.  I will try to eat more salads which won't be a problem as long as I get to the store to keep stocked up on lettuce.  My problem is basically what I put into the salad or on top.  That's ok.  Things will even out

So what do I have planned for this week's food?  I actually thought about it a bit and have come up with the following to eat this week.


Breakfast burritos leftovers - this is a new recipe that I made today and liked.  However I think I might just like to eat the fillings without rolling it into a tortilla.  It would be good to make a taco salad with I think. It has Italian Sausage, onions (yellow onion and green onions), hash browns, eggs, and cheese.

July 4th - shrimp scampi and lobster tails, corn, garlic bread. Yeah, this is probably what will make me gain weight.  :)

Omelets

Shephard's Pie - made on stove top

Tuna salad - possibly

Whatcha think?  I figure a couple of those days will give me enough for leftovers.  Of course on July 4th leftovers might go back with Dan but we'll see.

Do you have any plans for meals this week?  What about on the 4th?

No matter what, have a safe and delicious week.




3 comments:

Elle said...

The struggle is real.

I use a FREE app called Cronometer (on my laptop not my phone). Entering my food and exercise keeps me honest with myself. If I am up a pound from last week, I can review what I ate and how much I moved. Then I can decide if I want to change behavior or say "damn that was tasty". I will say though that I have shipped off 14 pounds to the universe.

Tortillas: buy the type that has a lot of fiber. I use Don Pancho Carb Control.

Cornbread: I use half whole wheat flour.

Look for all the fiber you can get and whole grains.

I do splurge on the occasional white pasta. Today I had a huge bowl of pesto pasta for lunch/dinner. I find I feel best if a splurge meal is consumed between 2-3PM and no more food is consumed for the day. My body is more forgiving with this.

Cronometer.com

These are hard decisions to make. I'm 62 and trying to balance health and enjoying food. I have joined a gym and do 5-7 cardio workouts a week with light weights (5 and 8#). This definitely helps a lot!

Bonni said...

Oh I know the struggle is real. I'm not concerned though. Twice before in my life I have lost over 100 pounds. This time I'm just taking my time. Thanks for your comment and suggestions.

Bonni said...

Yeah I know. I'm not really stressing it but it is something that I am never satisfied with. LOL. Thanks my friend.

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...