Thursday, July 27, 2023

This week's update...

 Wow, another week has gone by.  I don't have much to report but I do have an update on my Blackwork Stitch a Long.  This takes me up to week 30.  Can you believe it has been 30 weeks already?


If I work on the Stitch a long this week, I'll start to add the border.  I can do the border on the left side but will wait until I finish the last row on top before I do that border, etc.  That way by the time I'm done doing the individual blocks, I will only have a little bit of the border left to do.  Then I get to decide if I'll turn it into a wall hanging or make a pillow out of it.

I did manage to finish up my quilt block and sent it off to my partner.  Unfortunately I did it before I took a picture!  Oh well, when my partner receives it, she will post a picture and then I can snag it and put it up here for you to see.  I know what my next block will be but haven't picked out the colors yet.  When I do I'll show you.

How has everybody been doing?  We're going through the heat wave again here.  I will be picking out fabric to start to work on my next block for the exchange.  I also need to look for some more fabric for a dragon.  In this heat, I like to work on things that I don't have to sit down at my sewing machine.  I get too hot for that so I look for different things for hand sewing.  When it gets cooler, I'll start to finish some of the things I've stitched down.  I'm still debating on whether or not I'm gong to do that blue table runner by hand or wait for cooler weather and do it by machine.

Oh I almost forgot.  I've had around 6-8 cats showing up for breakfast.  Then they disappear until evening.  Sometimes it is the same cats/kittens and sometimes it is different ones from across the street.  Can't say  I blame them for hiding out during the day.  Smudge has gotten very chummy with me now and I can pick her up and pet her.  The only problem is that once I start to pet her or pick her up, she squirms but doesn't want to be put down.  LOL.  One thing at a time I guess.  That's about all I have for this report.

Everybody have a wonderful day!


No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...