Monday, July 24, 2023

What's Cooking!

 Before I get into what I am going to be cooking this week, let me take a moment to talk about this last week.

First of all I made:

Shephard's pie made with canned beef

Balsamic Crock Pot Chicken

Sausage Cream Cheese Casserole

   and

Chicken Tamale Casserole.


How did they all turn out?  Overall I liked all of the dishes but, obviously, some better than other.  The Shephard's pie was good.  Dan took some of the leftovers and he liked it too.  He said I could put it on the "repeat recipe" list.

I think that my favorite dish was the Balsamic Crock Pot Chicken recipe.  It had a nice flavor to it and didn't have a ton of ingredients.  I froze some, gave a serving to Dan, and had enough to try it myself.  That is one advantage of being single, I can have leftovers and still share it with friends.  It goes well over rice as well as mashed potatoes.  I'm not sure which one I liked better. 

The sausage cream cheese casserole was good but not my favorite.  It is a breakfast casserole type which I normally like.  I will change things up a bit the next time I make it.  

Last, but not least, is the Chicken Tamale Casserole.  This was "ok" but nothing great.  I think IF I make it again, I will deconstruct it a bit.  On top of the casserole is cornbread.  I think that I will make the filling separately on top of the stove and cook the cornbread separately.  The ingredients weren't bad together but nothing to brag too much about.  It was somewhat lacking so I need to think on it more before making it again.


That was last's week menu.  What's online for this week?  Obviously leftovers.  They are always on the menu.  Other things on the menu will be:

Croc Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup - scheduled for Tuesday

Sesame Garlic Ramen Noodles - scheduled for Thursday

Chicken Parmesan Pasta - scheduled for Friday since Dan picked out that this recipe sounded the best to him.  That isn't a surprise since it has Chicken and Parmesan and Pasta.  Win win for him.  LOL.

Creamy Slow Cooker Garlic and Onion Beef Roast - Scheduled for Sunday.  This brings back memories because mom would make a pot roast for Sundays when I was growing up.  This recipe is a bit different since it doesn't have the potatoes and carrots but it does have onions which I like a lot.   In addition this doesn't have  a lot of ingredients and goes in a slow cooker.  That's a win in my books.  


How does this sound to you?  Of course I will report on whether these recipes are good or not.  What is your meal plans for this week?  Curious minds want to know.  :)




2 comments:

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

I admire your love of cooking and they all sound so good!! Dan is sure lucky! Hugs, Deb

Bonni said...

Thanks Deb! It is fun to think of what to cook even if it gets changed out a lot. Tomorrow is the Chicken Parmesan Pasta. It got put off until late this week since Dan wasn't going to come over for a bit.

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...