Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Time to report what I've been up to

 I'm in the middle of storms again so I thought I'd better update with some pictures now, instead of waiting until Thursday, while I can.  Here we go.

First of all....drum roll please...I have a finish!!!  Well sort of.  :)  I finished the stitching on the Christmas stocking cross stitch.  That counts, right?  


Sorry I'm showing it without ironing it first but oh well.  I was too excited.  Now what to do with it?  I was thinking of making a mini wall hanging out of it.  I won't quilt much but I through to trim it down and then maybe just put on a border.  I would quilt the border area.  I found this fabric that I thought might work for the border.  What do you think?




Not only did I finish the stocking but I caught up, again, with my blackwork.  The next block comes out tomorrow (Wednesday) so I can't wait.


Two more weeks and then I will start the last border.  I liked how I did the inner border.  As soon as I finish one side, I started to add the border to that side.  So by the time I get down to the last square (bottom left corner) I should have three sides of the border all finished.  

Another triumph today was finding the fabric for my August block for my block exchange.  It is tulips in a vase.  Basically it would be a darker green for the stems.  Then the red for the tulip bottoms, the yellow and red flowers for the middle of the tulip.  Another green for the two petals and finally the vase.  The pictures makes the fabric more gray but it is a muted green.



The bit of news I have is that my July partner in the block exchange sent me this pretty block.


It reminds me so much of my mother since pink was her FAVORITE color.  It will be interesting to see how all the blocks I'm receiving will work together.  

That's it for this time.  I hope you enjoyed looking at my work and that you have  a great day/night.


No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...