Thursday, January 20, 2011

January 20, 2011

Another chilly morning but not as chilly as it will be tonight and tomorrow!

There is a wind chill advisory starting tonight (well there is one going on now but this will be a different one) around 9 p.m. until 11 a.m. Friday.  An arctic cold front will be moving into the area during the late afternoon and early evening hours.  Gusty northwest winds of 16 to 25 MPH will accompany the frontal passage and will persist throughout the evening and daybreak Friday.  Temp will fall quickly during the evening and will be near or below zero by the predawn. Wind chill values will be between 20 and 29 below zero!!!!!

Hopefully the car will start.

One week from today and I will be driving down to Mendota, IL for a quilting meet and greet.  There will be around five of us there so hopefully the weather will cooperate.  If not, I will go another time.  I have been chatting with Harmony on IM (the hostess) and we hope to become friends.  She seems like a nice lady and if we like each other after meeting in person, we might go on more shopping/quilting expeditions.  That would be nice.  So far I know that she has three children (youngest is 2) and her husband stays at home.  She is a member of the oneline Quilting Board that I am and that is how we 'met'.  She likes cross stitch which I also do so it might lead to another great friendship.  Mendota is not that far away in good weather. 

According to google maps, it will take about an hour (in good weather).  I can take the interstate but really hate too.  Goes back to when my car would always break down on the interstate.  I'll see how it goes.  As you can see from the map, it really is a pretty straight shot.

No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...