Tuesday, January 25, 2011

January 25, 2011

24F this morning.  It is another cloudy day and it feels more like 18F.  Humidity is at 88% with pressure at 30.09 in.  Wind is from the WSW at 5 mph.  All that means is that it isn't too bad of a winter day considering we are getting at the end of January. 

Two more days before I get to meet up with one of my people from the Quilting Board.  Connie says she can't go now but that is ok.  I am going to push myself and go.  For those who know me, that is outside my comfort area.  If I get along with this person though, I will probably make the trip more often and perhaps go shopping at the quilt and cross stitch stores.  Mendota is about 40 miles away (50-60 minutes) and if I remember right, not THAT difficult to get to.  I just have to tell myself I can do it.

Today I am having a person come into the office to teach them how to do English Paper Piecing.  As most people, I will show her how to do the hexagons first.  I also brought in some extra patterns to show her that English paper piecing isn't just hexagons.  Hopefully it will inspire her to continue on.

I finally sent off pictures to my partner in the January swap.  I can't decide if the flowers look better with or without leaves and how many to put on.  I'll let her decide.






This is with as many stems as the pattern calls for.  I've tried to take one or two off but didn't like that either.

 I sent her this pix and then also the pix of it without the leaves on it.  I'll let her decide if and how many she likes.  :)  Yeah, that's it.  I'll let HER decide.

No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...