Friday, August 10, 2012

Trial and Error But.....

Welcome to Friday everybody!  It's my last Friday off for summer now that we've hit August.  School will start again in a couple of weeks so that means back to five day work weeks.  That also means less hours to work each day which will be a joy.  To celebrate I plan on doing a lot of crafty stuff this weekend.

My list of things to work on so far is (not in any particular order):

1.  Herd of Turtles
2.  T-shirts cut and interfacing put on for Connie
3.  T-shirts cut and possibly interfaced for Bonni
4.  Test pattern for Quilt Pattern Magazine
5.  Asian Teapot BOM
6.  Baltimore Album BOM

Whew!  That's a lot to work on.  I might get the T-shirts done and ready to go back to work for Connie and maybe the Asian Teapot BOM for August done.  The rest are on going and will take longer than one weekend but I will be working on them.

Herd of Turtles.  That is the pattern that I am working on for my friend Dan's fiance'.  Dawn loves turtles and I saw this pattern and thought I'd do the wall hanging. You saw the picture of Herd of Turtles in my last post.  There I had the blue/teal background with a dark brown for the turtles.  It looked good in the picture but when I took it to work and hung it up on the wall and looked at it all morning from my desk?  Nope.  It wouldn't work.  It was too dark.  You couldn't see the pattern at all.  It blended too much.  Round three has me working on it again but with a beige fabric.  The fabric is cute and has light brown circles on it which I think will look good for the turtle shells.  NOW my problem is that I'm thinking it is too light but I'm not going to restart it again.  If I had thought about it before (before I started to sew on it), I should have tea dyed it a little bit to make it just a "tad" darker.  Here is what I'm talking about.


I'm thinking now that the fabric will be too light but, like I said, I'm not going to restart again otherwise it will never get done.  Afterwards I'll see if there is something that I can do.

T-shirt quilts....I am helping my friend Connie work on some and thought I might go and do a wall hanging on some of that I am not wearing.  I have a couple of ideas that I'm working on since I want to do one for military themed but I only have two t-shirts for that.  I can take another couple of them and take the US Flag off of them to off set it.  I'd cut out the flag and applique it to the back of the other one or something.  That is still be brainstormed in my mind.  I also thought I'd do one from the NIU t-shirt that I'm not wearing.  I can do a wall hanging for work with those.  I saw a picture of somebody who did a t shirt quilt but they did it more free form and just appliqued on what they wanted instead of the more structured method of squares etc.  That might have to be done for the NIU one.  It is hard to say at this point.

One thing is certain.  I will not get anything done if I don't get off the computer.  Everybody have a great day.  I'm out of here to get crafting.

No comments:

Total eclipse

 Shalom stopped by and showed me a couple of the pix that he took of the eclipse.  I thought I'd share with you. The first two pictures ...