Friday, April 5, 2013

Dino power!

Hello everybody.  What are you working on?  I'm working on Dino's.  One of my facebook groups is doing up 12.5" dino blocks for a small boy who is undergoing chemo.  We found the pattern that we liked on Fat Cat Patterns in their free section.

http://fatcatpatterns.com/free.html


Go to page 2 and look for the dinowar quilt.  Isn't that cute?  But then I expect that from Fat Cat Patterns.  While you are there look at all their other patterns.

Anyway, I started out doing 2 blocks.  One is for the small boy but the other is for his sister who is also having a hard time dealing with this.  I finished the boy block and used some of my camo fabric that I had.


I have the girl dino fused and am just starting to stitch it.


Now that would have ended my stitching but nope.  I also volunteered to do two more for another lady who has some family problems right now.  She (Heather) has made some blocks for me before in a similar group project when I couldn't finish due to family problems.  It's nice to be able to pay her back.

If you go look at the pattern, you'll see there are two designs of the dinos.  Since I did these two, I'll use the other dino pattern for Heather's.  I won't finish them this weekend since it is a gaming weekend, but I will finish them this week and when I do I'll post them also.

It's going on 10:30 p.m. so I'm going to stop here.  It's been a long couple of  weeks.  A friend lost her sister, my landlady died right before Easter, and I'm rushing around trying to find new clothes for mother and having to guess her size.  Mom likes to cut off tags so we need to try and get her to try them on before she cuts off the tags in case I have to take them back.  Fun fun.  :)

Sympathies to those who have lost loved ones.  Hugs to all and hang in there.  It does get better.

No comments:

Whew! Time for a break!

I have been busy these last few days.  I even got out my sewing machine and did some 9 patch blocks so I could continue on with Fleur.  Do y...