Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Back to applique


Sometimes I want to work on something that isn't quilting.  Still want to use a needle and something that is at least semi portable so what did I find?  I found a kit that I had gotten at one point or another from one place or another (so long that I can't remember the details) in cross stitch.  I had a bad start to it though.  I had done around 140 stitches and THEN discovered that those 140 stitches were going in the wrong direction.  Actually I had stitched them right, it was the fabric that was going in the wrong direction.  Yeah, that's it.  I'll blame it on the fabric.  One day to stitch; a second day to unstitch. That's how I craft.  LOL.  Here's the pattern that I'm working on.  I'm not sure I'll do the black and white border.  I'm thinking of changing it up a little bit.




It wasn't long before I wantedd to go back to my applique.  This is block one from the Rose of Sharon BOM.  I'm making progress which is good since we have six blocks now.  I know, I'm a little behind but I'll eventually get caught up.



No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...