Sunday, May 7, 2017

Simply Sunday

I was going to say Simple Sunday but there isn't anything simple about Sundays.  It's the last day most of us have to relax before returning to work tomorrow.  While I'm thankful for having a job to go to I do grumble a bit on Mondays, I wish there were more hours in a Sunday to accomplish all I like to do (and don't like to do).  Where would I wish to have the extra hours?  At the beginning since I am a morning person?  At the end so I can get more sleep?  It's hard to say.  I guess I will just settle for Sunday to be like it is because it is simpler that way.

What do you like to do on Sundays?  I like to chat with friends and relax.  Most of the times the chatting is done on the phone or in IMs.  Sometimes it is in person.  I also like to do stitching on Sundays.  There is something therapeutic about stitching on Sundays with music or whatever in the background.  A nice relaxing day....in theory.

In reality my Sundays (as well as most of the other days of the week), are split between stitching, gaming, watching or listening to TV and/or a movie and cooking.  Often I am doing all of the above at the same time.  Right now, I have the rock n roll Hall of Fame on the TV, just hung up on the phone with a friend who will call back in about 10 minutes, have my stitching sitting on my printer next to the computer waiting for me to finish this post and get back to it.  I have a movie in the computer waiting for me to press play on and salsa chicken is in the crockpot.

Speaking of stitching, I have to be careful to watch my symbols and colors in my Mini Owl cross stitch.  I took out some new colors to rotate into my portable carrier since I'm in a different section and those colors are so close in shades that I know I won't be able to tell them apart when they aren't on the bobbins.

I'll take a picture of my progress on it in a day or two.  I have around 600 stitches done on it.  This weekend, however, was my gaming weekend and I bought some new dice for it.  Some of you who are not gamers have asked before what does it look like.  It's hard to explain but here is a picture of my new dice.  Yes dice comes in different shapes and sizes because the square ones in games that go from 1-6.



We sit around a table and one person is in charge (me) of guiding the action.  To help visualize, we have these little miniatures to represent our characters.  




It makes more sense if you are there but it is a good socializing event too.  I laughed so hard last night when one of the guys was trying to imitate the sound his hawk made.  It came out, instead, sounding more like a crow.  Every time he said Ka-Kaw we just started laughing. He too was laughing.  We need to laugh more so thank you guys for the laughter and company.

Since yesterday/this weekend was gaming time, it is now time to start on crafts again.  This week I hope to catch up on my Solstice blocks.  I am two behind and on Wednesday it will be three behind if I don't get my butt in gear and work on them.  Will I work on them today?  Probably not.  I'm in the cross stitch kind of mind right now so it will be back to Mini Owl.

I might also try to do some cat blocks this week.  If done right they will look something like this.



I haven't cut the fabric yet because I need to figure out what to use for the background.  It will be a small one with perhaps only 4 blocks.  I'll have to see how it goes.

Speaking of going...it is time for me to stop typing and get back to stitching.  Have a great day everybody!


No comments:

Whew! Time for a break!

I have been busy these last few days.  I even got out my sewing machine and did some 9 patch blocks so I could continue on with Fleur.  Do y...