Thursday, April 5, 2018

Victoria Quilt Designs Stained Glass String quilt

I've started on my Victoria Quilt Design Stained Glass String quilt.  I am going to like it.  I did six blocks tonight and then got curious as to what it would look like with the black sashing in between them so laid it out.

First the six blocks without the sashings or anything in between them.  The string blocks that Benita showed were all different but I wanted mine to have a bit more structure.  I liked hers but these fabric appealed to me and I used all scraps. 


 This is what it will sort of look like when the sashings are added, etc.  I had black jelly roll leftovers so I will probably use them.  These aren't cut down to the proper size but it did give me an idea of what it would look like.



It's time for me to get to bed.  I just wanted to get these pictures posted tonight.  I'll chat more another time but in the meantime I hope everybody has a great night/day.




No comments:

Total eclipse

 Shalom stopped by and showed me a couple of the pix that he took of the eclipse.  I thought I'd share with you. The first two pictures ...