Thursday, November 22, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving 2018


Happy Thanksgiving 2018 everybody.  I hope your day has been a good one.  I thought I would post up my pictures of my Thanksgiving.  I stayed home this year but decided to still do it proper.  It was a little bit of old and a little new.  First up was the old.  A number of years ago, a friend sent me a pot holder which was made out of cute Thanksgiving fabric so I pulled it out and used it today.


Then I decided I needed some new dishes for Thanksgiving.  It is nice sometimes being single.  I can get decorative dishes in a single set when I want.  This year I stayed to basic but I liked them anyway.


Of course then I had to decide what to fill them with.   A cheese and cracker plate.


I couldn't decide what to cook so I bought a new 14 quarter toaster and then cooked the ham in it.  Bu


spiral cut ham with pineapple and pomegranate POMS

Then I found a sale on this lonely turkey breast (barely over a pound) so I cooked that in the oven and basted it with butter, thyme, sage, rosemary, a little onion flakes, salt and pepper.  Decorated with the POMS again.


Of course I had to have some spuds so I decided to revisit my first Thanksgiving spud that I made for company on my own...sweet potato with orange segments in it and served in the orange cut.  



I decided to add nutmeg on top of it for more flavor and nutmeg and sweet potato just seem to go together so well.

So it is time to have dessert which will be cottage cheese with some of the POM seeds in it.  Didn't take a picture yet but you get the idea.  I will, however, raise a glass of wine to all of you for supporting me and my blog all these years.  May you have a great holiday and if you have to travel be safe.



PS:  I've totally drunk this whole bottle of Gewurztraminer by myself and don't feel guilty at all.  I shall certainly sleep well tonight!  LOL.

4 comments:

esther said...

Yummy happy thanksgivings Bonni

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Bonni! We miss you!!

Marsha Clark said...

Looks wonderful ! You made me laugh with that turkey at the top. lol
We had stuffed pork chops.

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

What a lovely meal you made for yourself! I love seeing people take good care of themselves! A feast for sure! Hugs, Deb

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...