Saturday, January 12, 2019

Delft Blue BOW - Block 1

I'm pretty pleased with how this turned out.




The background is white on white but with the lighting in my apartment, it didn't come out that clear.  I need to also go through and erase my placement markings.  I used Fons and Porters grey making pencil.  I used it on another block (for a different project) and it erased well.  I used a stiff brush and also a white eraser to get the markings off.  I cut the end off of the white erase so it was clean and I wouldn't be rubbing in any other colors or such from previous uses.

So this weekend will be the alternating between three projects.  The black and white sunburst which I am hand quilting (large stitch), this block, and the first block for LeFleur.  LeFleur I am doing as a block of the month.  Delft Blue is a Block of the WEEK though.  That means I at least need to download the pattern each week and hopefully get it fused down.  I have all my fabrics now though and after this first one, I figured out a couple of things I will need to improve on.  Sometimes old ways ARE the best ways. 

I hope everybody has a great weekend and if you are in the area that is getting snow, hang in there.  If you are NOT in the area that is getting snow, want some?

Until next time,


Keep on stitching.

3 comments:

Themontanagirl said...

Beautiful square and colors!

Marsha Clark said...

Gorgeous block !
Enjoy your stitching !

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

GORGEOUS!!! Hugs, Deb

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...