Saturday, March 16, 2019

I learned a new block

I finally can check off an item from my sewing bucket list.  Most people have made this block before for it is both traditional and versatility.  That block is called the Log Cabin Block. 

Like a lot of blocks, the Log Cabin block is one I never thought I'd be able to do.  I'm not sure why I thought that but I did.  It proves, once again, that we are our own worse enemy.  I probably could have done this block before if I had ordered a precut kit before.  I'm bad at cutting so pre cuts seemed to be the way to go. 



I have to sew them together yet but I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out.  It's part of a kit from Jordan Fabrics. 

Now for some more eye candy.  This is some of my latest fabric that I bought.  I might have shown you before but I'm not sure.



I hope everybody has a great day.  I will write more but I have a headache today.  The change in weather probably.  

Hugs


3 comments:

Mandy Currie said...

Hello Bonni, I love your log cabin blocks, I understand your reticence in making pieced blocks, I stick to applique but am toying with the idea of American hand piecing, it appeals to me. Love your new fabrics, lucky girl. I got a set of 12 inch blocks, like a layer cake, I think there's 40 different fabrics for Christmas. Now I plan to make my youngest niece a quilt, I thought disappearing= nine patch, it sounds like any easy pattern. What do you think. Kind Regards Mandy xx

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

Beautiful log cabin. It's one of my favorites because you don't have to think. It's comforting that way! Nice fabrics and colors and kudos for stretching out of your comfort zone!!! Hugs, Deb

esther said...

So True -- we are our own worse enemy. Glad you are trying different patterns.

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...