Saturday, March 30, 2019

The Start of the International Quilt Show - Chicago 2019

It was such a nice day.  I just wore my heavier sweater and didn't need to take it inside with me when we reached the show.  But before that I had to drive up to Quilter's General Store. 

http://www.quiltersgeneralstore.com/

The Quilter's General Store (QGS), according to their website, was founded in 1997 and is located in a stately 1875 farm house. 


They have barns on the property also so that we could park our vehicles behind them.  That way we would not be taking up their small parking area for the business.

It wasn't long before I was stepping on our chartered CoachUSA bus.  I love the plush fabric that decorates the bus.  Here is an example of it.  That is on the ceiling but it is carried out on the seats and walls of the bus also.  


I was the second to the last (but not last) to arrive so most of the seats were already taken.  I ended up sitting behind the driver, and to tell the truth, I found it very comfortable.  I told the ladies from QGS that they could put some of their things next to me so they weren't as crowded. They appreciated it and I didn't mind.  It was nice not to have to watch my elbows (grins) or carry on a conversation.  It gave me time to jot down some notes for the blog posts, etc.  

Sometime between one hour and an hour and a half, we arrived at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center.


We didn't have to wait in line for our tickets since it was part of the cost for the trip.  We had blue "bracelet's" that we had to wear.  It was a nylonish(?) material that was sturdy and made it through the entire show and time and had to be cut off at the end.  We also had a name badge in a plastic container that pinned on.  That was nice because you could identify who was on your bus or not and if we had any problems, they put the contact number for the rep from QGS on the back.  Never felt out of touch with them.  

Before we could get off the bus, a representative from the Convention Center gave us a briefing on where some things were in the Center (you know the important things like bathrooms and food vendors--the rest we could figure out ourselves) and when we were to be where in order to catch the bus back to Rockford. 

FINALLY we were ready to walk through and have our minds blown by beautiful artistry of color and to see our bank accounts dwindle.


The first thing I saw when we walked down the stairs to the exhibits was this quilt.  I think it was a great representation of color and that was my impression of this show.  Color everywhere and awe inspiring pieces of art for that is truly what they are...art.


Time for me to stop here and get my feet back into reality.  There is laundry to do, would you believe that my gremlins and fairies in my apartment didn't do any of it, and dishes and groceries to buy.  Not to mention ordering a motor for my car windows so eventually I can get the plastic off of the window .
I hope everybody has a great day.  Check back each day for some more pictures.  I'll probably do another post today since it is a weekend. 

Hugs.




1 comment:

esther said...

So glad you got to go.

Total eclipse

 Shalom stopped by and showed me a couple of the pix that he took of the eclipse.  I thought I'd share with you. The first two pictures ...