Saturday, March 2, 2019

Oh my! Lots of things to talk about.


The mail today actually was unexpectedly exciting.  I was gifted with something and was certainly NOT expecting it.

I have mentioned before that I like to do journals.  Not the kind that is so step by step have to keep to this schedule type, but more of the type of just writing down quick notes (especially for what I want to cover here) for my games as well as quilting.  Then today I received from Brenda Sutter (thank you Brenda!) a beautiful composition journal cover!  I usually use free or low cost booklets and composition books certainly fall in that category.  I can get them for $1 at Dollar Tree but I can also usually get them cheaper at Walmart at certain times of the year.  Of course I stock up during those sale times.  But look at this beautiful journal cover!!!!



Front Cover

What I use this journal for

The back of the journal




I just love it!!!!!

I had recently bought two flat rate boxes of scraps off of Brenda and I just thought she had found some more.  Speaking of the scraps...oh my!  Look what was in two two boxes.  I thought I could cram a lot in a box but I am a novice compared to Brenda.  LOL.  She even had some HST and other blocks in there.  Some of them might have bled a bit but I'm not sure yet.  Either way I'll sort it out and check it out.



larger scraps

Scaps still that still need to be sorted.

BUT WAIT!  THERE'S MORE!!!!

On Sunday (echo - Sunday Sunday) I will get to have some time to work on this months UFO - Storm at Sea.


  I have three rows finished (paper pieced) but not sewn together.  


I hope I have enough fabric.  I was looking at my journal on this project (see?  I DO do journals) and noticed that I haven't worked on it for 2 years.  The last date listed was February 23, 2017.  TWO YEARS?!  I shouldn't be surprised.  That is why it is listed as a UFO.  I wonder how far I'll get on it this year.

And, with the danger of repeating myself, BUT WAIT THERE IS MORE!

:)

Yes there is more.  I get to toot my own horn again.  TOOT   TOOOT!

I tested a pattern for the Quilt Pattern Magazine (see the side pattern.  Click where it says I love TQPM - click here) and you too can find out information about this wonderful e-magazine.  They have not put the geese pattern in this months magazine so I can show you.  It is redwork. 





I also did another test pattern but I will wait a bit before showing you that one.  It is Christmas at Sea but the blocks I did won't be published until around November.  

I hope you have enjoyed my news.  I hope you have a wonderful day/weekend/night.  



3 comments:

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

What a GORGEOUS journal cover! How very lovely for a lovely lady!! Good job on the scrap purchase and the redwork and quilt progress! I will be leaving tomorrow morning to come home. Every bone/muscle in my body is sore and tired. But it was a good and busy 4 days!! Hugs, Deb

Patty said...

Wow! That is a beautiful journal cover! And all those scraps! What fun you are having!! Hugs Patty C.

Jaimescraftyworld said...

Beautiful journal cover. All those scraps look like fun 😊

Total eclipse

 Shalom stopped by and showed me a couple of the pix that he took of the eclipse.  I thought I'd share with you. The first two pictures ...