Saturday, March 30, 2019

Milla Malchow - Our Younger Brothers



Milla Malchow is quilting and thread art designer.  She had her business card at the show and it said that she is at Fort Laramie, WY .  I loved her work and was happy to discover that she was at the show and talking to anybody who had questions about her pieces.  I overheard part of a conversation and was happy to learn how helpful she was.  The quilter asking questions was just getting into more detailed thread painting and wondered if Milla's heavily quilted pieces needed pressing after travelling and if not how does she stop it from happening.  Milla's answer was she didn't do anything special.  She had to trust the people who were packing from one show and sending to another show.  Mostly they came out ok and only a couple needed a little help to hang a little better.  Nice to know.









Same here.  I think this one was hers but not sure.  I took over 100 pictures so can't remember them all.



I think this one was hers but now I'm not sure....Enjoy it anyway. 


Milla was also nice enough to let me take her picture.  She asked which piece I wanted her to stand by and I chose the two bears enjoying a good back scratch.    She also gave me permission to post up her pictures on the blog.

3 comments:

esther said...

Beautiful Quilts. Thanks for sharing.

Bonni said...

Thanks everybody. I love sharing the pictures and talking about the show. I'm glad to hear you are enjoying it too.

Patty said...

Beautiful work!!! She is amazing!!! Thanks for sharing. Hugs Patty C.

Total eclipse

 Shalom stopped by and showed me a couple of the pix that he took of the eclipse.  I thought I'd share with you. The first two pictures ...